It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

nevaeh08 HB User
are water pills bad for you

i wanna loose weight and i was told water pills work. what do they do to your body and are they bad for you to take?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
(male)

SJ444 HB User
Re: are water pills bad for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaeh08 View Post
i wanna loose weight and i was told water pills work. what do they do to your body and are they bad for you to take?
Water pills can only enhance the removal of water from the organism, they do not help with overweight and must not be taken in this condition 'cause may change the electrolyte balance and cause a lot of side effects. I would never recommend you water pills for weight loss, it is useless and unsafe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

ACurious1 HB User

Drink lots of water to lose weight, like 2 liters a day. This to me makes sense because:

Drinking 2 ltrs of water a day keeps all your body functions working at a more optimal level. If you exercise, you will make the effort more efficient and gain better results. Your muscles will be cleansed, work better during the day and rejuvenate at night.

Drinking water also helps one avoid eating when the body doesn't crave nourishment, but actualy craves water because it is dehydrated. It is common to mistake thirst for hunger.

A hydrated system helps to better absorb nutrients during digestion too, which makes the body less likely to suffer fatigue, mood swings, and other side effects that may cause one to snack more frequently. (But here, I can't help but point out that while it is better to keep a body hydrated throughout the day by drinking continuously, it is even better to avoid drinking water WHILE you are eating. This, ironically, for better absorbtion of nutrients.)

To me, drinking 2 ltrs of water a day is the first and most essential change one should make for weight loss. In my experience, that effort brings everything else back in line.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Water pills will only make you lose water weight (such as extra water from being bloated), but won't help you lose fat or giving you lasting results. I agree that drinking more water can do the SAME thing! No need for pills for that! Green tea works great for getting rid of excess water weight too.

For losing actual fat and to get lasting results, you definitely have to make a change in your diet and exercise! Simple as that!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
(female)

johnstonx5 HB User

Water pills are absolutely not good to loose weight. You will only loose water weight. Also, with the loss of water you will loose potassium. You need potassium for proper heart function. An imbalance can cause serious heart arrhythmias. If you are already overweight you run a greater risk of being dehydrated in the first place. (fat repels water, muscle retains very large amounts of water). A lifestyle change is the only true way to loose weight and keep it off. Exercise, LOTS of water, exclude soda, minimize refined sugars and stick to good fats, proteins and carbs.
After a while it will become a habit and you will feel better.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

ACurious1 HB User

And, just to really hone in on the issue:

if anyone has a problem with water retention, the best thing to do is a toxic cleanse. OOoo, just the name makes me want to do it again!

Water molecules adhere to the toxins that surround each and every cell in your body (well, from what I read at least the FAT cells). Toxins are present due to smoke, drug use, cosmetics, even medicines! The water adheres to the toxin to sorta' protect you. A toxic cleanse will help you shed water weight, and advance the results you want when you do activities like weight-lifting or cardio. In my toxic cleanse, I lost a total of 4 1/2 inches between my waist and thighs.

Detox, as I understand it, is just as important as nutrition and exercise . . .but now I digress.

Closed Thread