It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

model1979 HB User
So Freaking out here..Please read regarding HUGE diet boo boo

So I always have a cheat meal once a week. However, the chicken I usually get in my cheat salad (I dont use lettuce..its basically a yummy salad with everything minus the lettuce. Think louie salad with tons of mayo, dressing and added cheese. Yep...that was my cheat meal) was all out. I ended up buying a fried breast and using the meat from that. I know this will add even more cals to my cheat meal and I am freaking out. I work so hard on my body and eat so well yet I dont want to screw this all up. I have been having more meals these past days so you can you see, I have cheated a few times!
Question is: By removing the skin/bread/fried part (I did have to have a taste TBH...it was nom nom) did I limit the amount of fats/cals that I consumed? I am sure the skin acts as some sort of barrier but I have a feeling some of the oil must have gotten on the meat itself, right?

Last edited by model1979; 04-19-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: So Freaking out here..Please read regarding HUGE diet boo boo

This is not a huge diet boo boo. This was one meal. Even if some of the fat and oil got into the meat, it's one meal. One of the biggest mistakes you can make when dieting is to take a mistake too seriously. Write it off. It's in the past. Do something extra virtuous with your next meal or two, or do some extra exercise. You're good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

model1979 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
This is not a huge diet boo boo. This was one meal. Even if some of the fat and oil got into the meat, it's one meal. One of the biggest mistakes you can make when dieting is to take a mistake too seriously. Write it off. It's in the past. Do something extra virtuous with your next meal or two, or do some extra exercise. You're good.
Thanks for your respone!

Yes I do work out. Everyday I do HIIT in fact! I actually go for a 3 mile run right after I have my cheat meals.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by model1979 View Post
Thanks for your respone!

Yes I do work out. Everyday I do HIIT in fact! I actually go for a 3 mile run right after I have my cheat meals.
See, then? You're golden.

Don't sweat a little mistake here or there- they don't make a real difference. It sounds like you've made a lifestyle change by eating well 6 days a week and exercising and that's the important thing.

Closed Thread