It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

Upagainstawall HB User
If you splurge on calories what do you do the next day?

I am an active person who works out every day, and I try to watch what I eat and keep my caloric intake at the proper level by using an online calorie and activity counter. Sometimes on the weekends if I'm going on a date I drink beer and eat things that are very high in calories. I KNOW THE BEST THING IS TO NOT DO SO! But I want to be able to have fun every once in a while. It's usually only once or twice a month. What should I do the next day as far as calorie intake and exercise are concerned? Should I just keep everything the same? Should I work out more? Eat less? Any tips you can give would be SO HELPFUL! Thank you!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: If you splurge on calories what do you do the next day?

Personally speaking, I would keep everything the same.
Remember, what we're looking for is not really a diet with weight loss, but a lifestyle change. To do this for your entire life you DO need to have days where you can be a bit indulgent. I don't believe it's wise to punish yourself by withholding food or adding additional exercise...but that's just me.
What I do suggest is this. On the days that you know that you will be indulging,
eat more healthfully and less calorically. Then you will have "saved" your calories
for some, or all, of your indulgence.
Enjoy and be healthy!
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
(female)

FitWish HB User
Re: If you splurge on calories what do you do the next day?

Taking a cheat meal once per week is not going to kill your diet or make you gain hun. It's when someone continues to have an all out weekend binge that they get in trouble. over eating once per week even 800-1,000 calories extra actually helps stimulate the metabolism and rev it up because your body is slowly getting used to lower calories from trying to lose weight.

You also might feel like you gain from having a cheat/treat meal but often it's water weight and bloat from high carbs and sodium that your body isn't used to.

Closed Thread