It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2002, 04:00 PM   #1
(male)

Sebum HB User
Questions.... Help.

First off, how many grams of carbs should be taken in for a low carb diet?

On the Nutritional Facts labels, what does "calories from fat" mean?

Do one-a-day vitamins (Centrum) help with weight loss?

I heard Green Tea supposedly helps block out fat when drinken cold, is that true? I have Green Tea packets at home, so how much Green Tea should be drinken per day?

Once you lose weight, is it hard to keep it off?

I'm 14 years old, 160lbs, and I want to lose weight (about 30lbs.) If I run/walk on the treadmil for 30min a day and do a basic workout 3-5 times a week, and eat healthy, how hard would it be to lose weight?

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2002, 04:45 PM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Re: Questions.... Help.

Sebum
At 14, you should really develop a plan with your doctor about what is reasonable for someone your age. Your body is still growing and the low carb method may not be the answer for you.

Why not look at what you're eating - I'm sure there are some junk foods/high fat foods that you could eliminate. Fast food and late night snacks are sure-fire ways to keep adding on the weight.

What about sodas and sport drinks? Water - drink at least 8 glasses a day.

Taking a daily multi-vitamin is good. You should always do that. But I would talk to your parents about developing a plan of action tha is healthy and that you can do as a family.

School will be out shortly - keep your activity level up instead of camping out in front of the tv or computer. Make a deal with yourself for every hour of tv/computer you watch, you have to do something outside. It doesn't have to be "hard core exercise" but just get you off your butt...

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2002, 04:51 PM   #3
(male)

Sebum HB User

I don't think I could drink 8 glasses of water a day. I don't drink a lot.

I think the main problem is, is that when I get home from school, I eat junk, then I eat dinner. I am really hungry when I get home because I eat lunch at 10:00 am. I guess I have to hold out till dinner.

Old 05-13-2002, 01:54 PM   #4
(male)

Sebum HB User

So, should I cut down on fruits and veggies? A bad thing is, is that my family usually has pasta for dinner. It's either pasta or chicken. So I get a lot of carbs from the pasta, and it isn't that filling either. In fact, we're having pasta tonight...

Also, since I'm still a kid, I don't want to cut back on everything. I'm afraid that if I lose weight, I'm going to gain it all back rather quickly.<p>[This message has been edited by Sebum (edited 05-13-2002).]

Old 05-14-2002, 12:24 PM   #5

dex77 HB User

Please don't take this the wrong way but you are a little young yet to be worring about your weight you still have a long way to grow. but if your hungry when you get home from school drink a glass of water infact when you are hungry drink water also you don't have to eat alot of pasta. you can eat like a rabbit and love those veggies, by the way baby carrots make a great snack.

Nick

Old 05-14-2002, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User

Good low carb snack foods include nuts [a variety is best] and cheese. Nuts and cheese are proteins and if you eat protein snacks, you are less likely to get hungry during the day or between meals.

For after school, try celery sticks with peanut butter. It's easy to make, tastes good, and the celery is low carb.

Closed Thread