It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

KimberlyV HB User
For Low Carbers

Can anyone give me the heads up on maltitol? I am currently low carbing and have read some things that say not to count foods with the main ingredient of maltitol into the carb consumption for the day. Such as Carb Solutions bars. Here is what the packaging says: "This bar has a net carb count of 2G(Sugar/starch). Only these 2 g should be counted toward your dily carb intake. The remaining 12 g of non-impact carbs come from glycerin, maltitol, fiber and propylene glycol - all of which have a negligible impact on blood sugar levels." So is it okay to eat foods with maltitol in the main ingredients and not count those maltitol grams into my daily count?
Also, would 100grams or less per day allow me to lose weight? I have about 75 pounds to lose. Thanks for any input anyone has.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2002, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: For Low Carbers

This seems to be an individual thing, like artificial sweeteners. I've seen it answered both ways. The only answer is try it, don't count those cards, and see how you do. If you are loosing, you are okay; if you stall, you probably need to count the maltitol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread