It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2002, 01:19 PM   #1

pleasantlyplump HB User
Laminaria extract

I just received my purchase of Laminaria extract in the mail a couple of days ago. There wasn't a return address and apparantly it came from Australia. Now, the pills are in a little plastic baggie with a Nature's Way sticker. There is no bottle, list of ingredients, warnings, directions of use etc. All the signs tell me not to trust this company. Does anyone else have experience with this? Should I toss the pills out or try them?

T

------------------

Old 05-21-2002, 03:15 PM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Re: Laminaria extract

try them. its kelp. the ingredients are on the web site

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2002, 04:56 PM   #3

sopa HB User

CAREFUL with kelp - laminaria - etc...

I wanted to loose weight. I thought I had low hipothyroid function, so I decided that more IODIDE will help me...

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can UPSET your thyroid balance: my medical exams gave strange numbers, my doctor was SO worried until he realized I have taken those pills...

it's not worth trying... some people could loose weight if their thyroid starts over functioning, but THAT IS NOT HEALTHY.

It affected my thyroid and pituitary or another gland. So be careful, it is really not worth it.

Read old postings from this site (they have a different look) but people discuss laminaria, and realized that it was a scam. the company never answers, nor give your money back...

sorry, just know you were not the only one.

Sopa

Old 07-08-2002, 07:35 AM   #4

popeye HB User

I have recommended Nature's Way Laminaria Extract to possible over a hundred people and only 1 complained that they didn't work. The Nature's Way pills are absoulutly magical, I tried normal Kelp which did nothing for me, with the nature's Way ones I lost 100 pounds in about 3 months and some of my friends lost more than the advertised pound a day. They changed my life.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread