It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
Inactive

Nice-T HB User
Hollywood Celebritiy Diet

As anyone tried that Hollywood Celebrity Diet seen on tv and has it worked?

Old 06-08-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

lascot HB User
Re: Hollywood Celebritiy Diet

my mom likes it. says its a good purifier. they have it at Walgreens/GNC etc... I think she lost between and pounds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2002, 09:26 AM   #3

zooropa HB User

it'll work but really all u are losing is water weight. its not really all that.

Old 06-21-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
Inactive

Nice-T HB User

So the Hollywood Celebrity Diet is really just a quick fix?

Old 06-22-2002, 04:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User

It's a quick fix for losing a couple pounds in a couple days but it's not the actual drink that does anything. If you were to drink the same amount of water, coffee, pop, chocolate milk, gatorade, V-8, HI-c or magic noni juice the same thing would happen. You lose the weight because you didn't have any calories for 2 days. If you want to go this route, save your money and just drink any drink or starve yourself for 2 days because in effect, this is what is happening.

Old 06-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #6

knitting HB User

If you read the bottle, they say they only want you to drink the juice all 2 days. I contemplated this as I walked by the display at Wal-Mart. That means no real food and no nuitition beyond the juice. You need protein for your muscles. If you want to do this, as Lindarella said, why waste money on something you can do for free with water and other juice in your cabinets. Actually I will be doing something like this in two weeks, clear liquid diet. I need to have a colonoscopy and this is what I must do for 24 hours before the procedure. I know as soon as I eat something of real food I will gain all of the weight back real quick. If you want to do a liquid diet you may want to consider something like Slim-Fast or other protein shakes and a real healthy meal one or two times a day.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User

Hi everyone,

Cant you lose weight better on the three day diet than w/ something like this?

Sinnrah

Old 07-02-2002, 09:13 PM   #8

surfncrzylver HB User

health freak- the dont promise 20 lbs. they say you can lose up to ten lbs. but they dont promise anything. individual experiences vary.
i agree that its just a quick fix and a waste of money.

Old 07-03-2002, 08:03 AM   #9
(female)

Ange HB User

My ex-boss tried it. He was so funny, he said by the evening of the first day he was still the same weight so he thought to himself "If I'm supposed to lose 10 pounds in 2 days, I should be 5 lbs lighter already?" lol. And yes, he said its just sipping the juice all day throughout the entire day. Of course if you just sip on ANY sugar free, low calorie, and fat free juice all day for 2 days with NO food, your gonna lose some water weight. But he also said he was very light-headed and was so tired by the end of the first day, he HAD to eat. So I wouldnt try it, but Im sure it works for some ppl, its not a HUGE amount of money, and it SEEMS safe so I guess you dont have much to lose if you do decide to give it a go =) My boss(ex-boss)is funny though, he has EVERY magic diet pill, drink, bar, and shake you can imagine!! The only thing that worked for him was Metabolife. When I first met him he was 5'7" and 230lbs, and now, 3 years later, hes about 135.

Reply Reply