It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2002, 09:34 AM   #1

FitWannaBe HB User
New member...nee to lost 30 lbs.

Hello all!

I am new here! My name is Maureen. I am 23 years old, and am trying to lose 30 pounds. I lost 28 pounds last year, and have gained 8 back.

I am 5'7", and weigh 163. I want to get down to 130-135.

So I started fresh today. I am using Xenadrine for a little boost (please no sermons, I have researched it fully). I did 20 mins of aerobics this morning, then had a slice of toast with peanut butter.

I then took an hour long walk (at a leisurely pace) with my two daughters.

Having a spring mix salad with a hard-boiled egg for lunch, and do my cardio workout of 45 mins.

Dinner will be a small amount of pasta with lots of peas, green onions, and asparagus, with some more spring mix (I love that stuff!)

I have lots of fruits and veggies to snack on, and NO junk food in my house!!! (That's a first for me!)

I'm feeling really good, and think that I will be successful. Of course, I am drinking a lot of water (and some cran-water)...I have also found that flavored seltzer waters have helped with the Pepsi withdrawals (the bubbles help)

I was also thinking of trying Kashi GoLean for breakfast. I could use the fiber in my diet. Has anyone tried it? Does it taste like cardboard???

Well, that's about all for now. I would love to hear any advice or tips regarding my foods and exercise...thanks!

Maureen

I also wanted to add that I like to have tuna for mini-meals and snacks. I also add a few little cheats a week, so I don't lose my mind. I really like soft pretzels, so I have one once in a while, and I make chocolate-covered strawberries when I have a sweets craving...<p>[This message has been edited by FitWannaBe (edited 06-03-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2002, 10:11 AM   #2

Dannyelle HB User
Re: New member...nee to lost 30 lbs.

Hi Maureen,
It sounds like you have a great plan and plenty of determination. I have found that determination is the main thing that helps me to succeed. If I don't have that, I don't get very far.

Old 06-03-2002, 10:55 AM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User

hey maureen,

good luck! i am starting fresh today too. need to lose almost 60 though.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:23 AM   #4

hotsong HB User

Maureen, I LOVE the Kashi Go-Lean. However, I do add about a teaspoon of sugar to the cereal. But it tastes good either way, and sometimes I grab a handful as a small snack-not too many calories.

Reply Reply