It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #1

EAG828 HB User
Ephedra's Effects Stopped!?

I am currently taking Metabolite and wondered if, after while, your body builds such a tolerance to the effects of ephedra and caffiene, that no matter what other pills you take, the effects just kind of stop and the pills no longer do any good?

I do NOT want to be lectured on how dangerous ephedra is so please do not post any responses that only tell me such information. THANKS!!!! =)<p>[This message has been edited by EAG828 (edited 05-11-2002).]

Old 05-11-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive

momonline41 HB User
Re: Ephedra's Effects Stopped!?

yes - you can build up a tolerance, which is why i think some people end up taking more and more over time.... just curious if you know there are dangers involved in taking it then why do you take it?

I also go to the Asthma forum and folks their seem many times not to want to take asthma meds. These meds are medically necessary, and have low side effects yet people seem to be unwilling to take them....

Ephedra is not medically necessary, and has alot of "dangers" yet people seem to be gobbling them up ...if the amount of posts on the weight loss board are any indication

why why why? I really don't understand, and would like really to

cyn <p>[This message has been edited by momonline41 (edited 05-11-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2002, 08:07 PM   #3

EAG828 HB User

MOM

You need to quit lecturing.. as i previously stated. But anyways.. people take them because of one reason.. THEY WORK. They actually are not dangerous if you closely follow the instructions, don't stay on them for longer than the recommended 12 weeks at a time, and ONLY take the recommended dosage. I mean come on now, TYLENOL can be lethal if taken in excess.

Old 05-11-2002, 11:25 PM   #4
Inactive

hardcoredummy HB User

Yeah no kidding, that seems to be the pattern with her posts.

Anyways, you will build up a tolerance to ephedrine. Do what body builders do and take it in cycles. 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks off. A warning though, if you aren't a coffee drinker, you may develope a headache for a day or two while off it (from caffeine withdrawl). But just have a cup of a coffee and you should be fine.

Old 05-12-2002, 06:24 AM   #5

EAG828 HB User

thanks hardcore!!! Hopefully they will work again once i go back on them.. but those weeks off are gonna bug me lol!! thanks for your input.

Old 05-12-2002, 07:47 AM   #6
Inactive

momonline41 HB User

Thanks for the "info" though you both need not be so over-sensitive and take things so personal.

If my listing the dangers is offensive to you then just skip my posts. I think knowledge is power and will help inform people whenever I can, (I often use references to keep my posts short or at least shorter) , if that is "lecturing" to you then so be it..i'll share my opinion too like everyone else.

I dare say, if I agreed with you, you would not be accusing me of lecturing. I ONLY post when someone ASKS about saftey of ephedra or for opinions on using it - this thread was kind of an exception, but I am curious.

That said your reply doesn't really answer my question, since asthma meds work too and some asthmatics( quite a few) don't want to take them. There must be another reason but darn if I know what it is.

Cyn

Old 05-12-2002, 06:11 PM   #7

EAG828 HB User

mom

uhh this topic has what to do with asthma and medication for it??? yea...just checkin...

Closed Thread