It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2002, 08:00 PM   #1

justink80 HB User
feedback on my diet

Hi. I'm interested in some feedback regarding my diet.
About two months ago I changed my eating habits and began exercising. So far I have lost about 14 pounds. But in the last 3 weeks my weight has remained the same.

I eat about 15 or less grams of fat per day. I consume about 1600 calories per day. I rarely eat meat -- I might eat skinless chicken once a week. For dinner I eat either vegetable stir fry or pasta (no oil or cheese added). One day a week I "cheat" and can eat whatever I want, but usually I follow my normal diet for most of the day and "cheat" for dinner.

For the past two months I have only drank water -- perhaps a handful of times I have drank diet Coke or juice.

The majority of my calories come from carbs. Might that be the problem?

In the beginning of my diet I ate 1000 or less calories daily, but then I began reading about how a person's metabolism will slow down if they eat too little calories. I already knew of this idea but was never convinced until I read a convincing article.

My exercise consists of 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 5 days a week, including jumping rope, jumping jacks and some jogging. I also do sit-ups and push-ups. Even though I am not doing any weight training (several years ago I did weight training and did put on some muscle as a result), I know that it's possible to gain some muscle through cardio exercise.

I also know that eventually the rate of weight loss slows down but is it normal to remain the same weight for 3 weeks considering my eating habits and activity level?

Last summer I dieted and lost about twenty pounds, but then I got laid off and I went off track and gained all of it back. I intend not to let that happen again -- I've worked too hard to see it happen!

What should I do? Eat less carbs? Less total calories? More exercise?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2002, 12:08 PM   #2

joethejoe HB User
Re: feedback on my diet

Hey there justin. If your goal is to lose weight then yes youll wanna dump some of the carbs such as pastas and bread. Also your body starts to get use to your exersize and you might need to up your workout. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2002, 07:44 AM   #3

SE112 HB User
Re: feedback on my diet

good job! it is hard to really stick with something like that. it is normal for your weight lost to level out but if you stop losing weight you need to exercise more. i know it suck but this may be unbelieveable but the less you weight the more you have to do to burn calories. if you are coming close to the weight you want you may want to start doing some kind of weight lifting. gaining muscle will help you tone up and the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn doing the same activities. your diet is okay for a man. also make sure you a drinking enought water. it also helps. good luck!

Reply Reply