It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2002, 12:56 PM   #1

FitWannaBe HB User
Day 5--One pound gone...

I have to admit, I am less than enthused about my weight loss. Especially since I have been taking the Xenadrine for about two weeks now.

However, I will say that my diet has not been stellar. Can anyone recommend food lists or something similar that I can get some ideas from? Thanks!

Old 06-07-2002, 01:13 PM   #2

joethejoe HB User
Re: Day 5--One pound gone...

Im not sure how that pill works or anything but 5 days and 1 pound isnt bad. 2 pounds a week is good weight loss anything more is muscle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2002, 04:00 PM   #3

Brandi04 HB User

I am also taking Xendadrine, are you taking the one w/o the ephedrine? That's the one I'm taking. Don't give up though, I know it can get frustrating, but you can't always go by the scales. Whenever I went by the scales, I got so angry and was going to give it up. I tried on some clothes that I'd been having trouble getting into, and they fit looser. Try some clothes on, see if that makes a difference. Losing weight takes time, just hang in there.
good luck.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:34 AM   #4

SE112 HB User

drink! water that is. losing one pound a week is not a bad thing. i just finished a research paper on physical fitness and many of my sources said losing more that five pounds a week is bad(depending on you weight). if you lose more that that you are just losing you water and that is not good. your first two to three weeks are not going to be your biggest in weight lose. but you should get to a point were it evens out.if you don drink alot of water at first it may seem like you are not losing weight but thats normal. water is better that fat. but whatever you do i hope it works for you. i know it is hard to lose weight.good luck!

Old 06-11-2002, 10:07 AM   #5

scooter9999 HB User

I don't know how much weight you're trying to lose, but at one pound a week, you would lose 52 pounds in a year at that rate. And you probably didn't gain 52 pounds in a year, so give yourself a break and try and be satisfied with 0 to 2 pounds a week. Because some weeks might be 0 and some might be more.

Once you body has worked hard to store the fat, it's not all that happy about giving it up. Take it slow, and trick your body into not knowing that you're losing weight.

You'll be much happier with a 52 pound loss in a year (if you need to lose that much), then if you lose/gain/lose/gain weight throughout the same period of time.

If you're losing a lot of weight all of the time, you're probably doing something that won't be maintainable in the long-term. If you have to eat like a bird and do cardio all of the time, you'll soon burn out and give up. Try making small lifestyle changes so the changes become part of your routine.

Reply Reply