It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2002, 05:37 PM   #1

boylanpower HB User
waaaaaa im fat

ya im just tapering off of paxil now. I am 220 pounds. That means for my height i am 60 pounds over weight. It pretty hard to figure when you think i can hardly even bench 65.
Well how can i lose weight? will it be easier now that im off paxil? i weigh 200 last summer and i stopped eating carbs. I lost 25 pounds and went down to 175. Over a two month period about 4 months ago when i increased my paxil from 20mg to 40mg i put on about 50 pounds! in two months thats incredible!!
now i want to weigh 160. How can i get down to it? You know people say exercise makes them feel good but it makes me feel awfull. 1 day of exercise (incuding weight lifting and cardio) and i have to spend a whole week of feeling awful recovering.
sigh
someone please tell me how i can be thin again!!!!
i always used to be a thin kid!!!!
sigh sigh
thanks i would appreciate any help
walk in peace
boylanpower

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2002, 08:43 AM   #2
Inactive

Christine-MA HB User
Re: waaaaaa im fat

Hi there,
Not sure how much help I can be, but no one else has responded, and I hate to see that...soo...
I don't think it's going to be easy to lose weight if you won't exercise! How does it make you feel awful? Is it being sore that you hate? Think of that as a good thing!! Is there anyone you can exercise with? Maybe you can start on a beginning routine of just walking a mile every day if that's possible.
How's your diet? That's very important too. Try to take in most of your carbs in the morning, and get plenty of protein and "good" fats.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
(female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User

When I first started to really workout, I felt really sore at first. I just felt like I could barely move the next day. Part of if was that I just did too much the first day. I'd take a day off and then do somemore the day after even if I still felt sore. Gradually, it got better overtime. I also make a point to stretch and warm-up slowly with 5 minutes of walking and to cool down in the same manner after I'm done with my cardio and strength training. I only do strength training every other day to give my muscles a break and so I won't injure myself. It takes time, but your body will adjust to the routine after a couple weeks. Just take it slow and don't overdo it. Take care!

Old 06-19-2002, 05:45 PM   #4

boylanpower HB User

well is there any other tricks i can use to lose wieght? i just can never get out to the gym. thanks for the advice guys. Ya exericise is hard. What do you think is the quickest way to drop 60 pounds?
thanks all
walk in peace
boylanpower

Old 06-19-2002, 07:53 PM   #5

Lady Slipper HB User

Do some research on Alpha lipoic acid--900mg a day. I am trying this and it seems to be flushing the pounds off my body. I do count carbs--no more than 35 a day and no sugar--tons of distilled water really helps also. Good luck--don't ever give up!

Closed Thread