It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2002, 10:28 AM   #1

kvhchick02 HB User
atkins questions

Hi

I have been on the Atkins diet now for about 1 week, and I can really see a difference. I dont folow the diet exactly the way it is supposed to be followed, but I dont go over 25 grams a day. Does anyone know of what else I can eat other then meat and cheese? If I have to eat one more hamburger I'll die LOL!

thanks
Miriam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
Re: atkins questions

What else besides meat and cheese on Atkins?

Well, there are eggs, nuts, vegetables of all kinds, and salads of just about any sort. And don't forget the vinegar and olive oil or full fat creamy ranch dressing on those salads. You can have a few strawberries or blackberries or half an avacado. Pork rinds make for a cruncy low-carb snack. I like to dip them in ranch or salsa dip. Peanuts are ok also. Cottage cheese is low carb and high in protein. For more ideas, either go to Dr. Atkins website or use your favorite search engine (mine is ***********) and search for low carb recipe.

Alan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2002, 07:49 AM   #3

Lady Slipper HB User

Hi--Welcome to the right diet!!!! Go to the Atkins diet web site--just type in Atkins Diet --you will find a support group and tons of recipes to try. I found this very helpful and it made me realize that is is NOT a JUST Meat diet at all. After your first 2 week indunction--some fresh berries blended with real cream and sweetened with Splenda, really set me on cloud nine!All kinds of meat and seafood salads have been a great help also. It is hot out and cold salads on a bed of lettuce with a small piece of fruit that is on the allowed list will really seem special!

Old 07-02-2002, 10:52 AM   #4

kjack HB User

Hi..just wanted to let you know that there are alot of good low carb bars out there to try..Low Carb 2 bars are totally yummy.(smores favor, choc brownie, peanut butter,) Protein Diet bars are also good. I usually have a different bar everyday. you get a good source of protein, & low carbs so you don't blow it. It gives you a little more to choose from instead of fish,meat,eggs. check them out!! best to all!!

Old 07-03-2002, 11:33 AM   #5

spryng HB User

Hi!
I've been on atkin a total of 7 times now. (I just re-started yesterday and have already lost 4 lbs)
I know what you mean about being bored of the food. Some of my favorite snacks are devilled eggs (if made with mustard and reg. mayo they are 0 carbs) I also like buying jalapeno's and slicing them in half and stuffing them with cream cheese, they equal about 1 carb per slice. Pork rinds are great because they are 0 carbs, and don't forget that sugar free jello!! lol
How much weight have you lost already??
I'm doing a severe form of it for my induction. I'm only eating meat, cheese, and eggs for two weeks before I start adding carbs. I have 12 lbs to go before 1st goal of 125 and I know I can get it off like this. I drink my water and take my supplements and feel great!! I'm glad you are sticking with the diet and seeing results! Good luck!

------------------
Spryng
22, 5'4"
162/137/120

Old 07-03-2002, 12:26 PM   #6

ItsBabs! HB User

Hi all.

I've been considering this diet because I am a carb freak. My fave foods, my daily meals include pasta, potatoes, or bread. Period!

Also, I do not like steak or pork. I hate steak, I don't eat pork chops or ham. (I can't stand to eat off of a bone or anything that has strings of fat running through it, ugh!) I can eat very crispy bacon.

So would I be setting myself up for a big fall? I can't even eat one banana? It seems kind of scary to take such a big leap. Any advice, comments?

Closed Thread