It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

Beka30 HB User
Exclamation Help! I need to lose 50lbs in 4 months for my wedding!

hi I am getting married in september, I weight 225lbs and im 5'6, and i need to lose at least 50 pounds in four months, i did the whole BMR calculator and stuff and calculated that i need to burn 845.35 calories just exercising! and the other rest with healthy eating. How the heck do i burn that much in 1 day!? and how much do i burn every mile i run? im not a big runner so can anyone tell me how to do this and maybe suggest something other then running?

The following user gives a hug of support to Beka30:
TrimandWealthy (03-31-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

hollns HB User
Re: Help! I need to lose 50lbs in 4 months for my wedding!

Firstly congrats on the wedding! Great news.
Re weight loss, that's a big target and to achieve it will take a COMPLETE LIFESTYLE CHANGE. That said, if your determined, it is a goal that you can achieve.
As you've rightly said the way to do it is changing your diet and exercise. Remember if, you put less calories in you'll have less to burn. I'm definitely not advocating starving yourself, but I am saying that you will need to change the foods you eat and from now on until the big day- it's healthy, healthy, foods only. Fresh fruit, veggies, wholewheat carbs, protein with no fats (Let me know if you want some healthy, easy, low fat but great tasting meal ideas/meal plans).
Re exercise, when I run, If i go at a 7min mile pace (which is quite fast and probably not achievable for a beginner) for 30/35 mins, I burn about 400 calories.
So, for your exercise I would suggest - running a couple of times a week (starting slowly - this will become so much easier to do so quickly - you will be surprised), walk where ever you can and a group exercise a couple of times a week, aerobics at the local gym - this will burn calories like running but also tone the wobbly bits. Please don't get caught up with having to burn exactly 835 cals. Everybodies body works differently and the main thing is you are burning them.
A GREAT exercise to really drop the pounds in Bikram Hot Yoga, this is also amazing for having some mental time out. A word of warning however, it is tough. It is 1hr - 1.5hr (depending on the class) in a room heated 40 degrees, the first session you will think you are dying! You need to give it at least 3 sessions, then there is the chance that you will become totally addicted to it! They also do intense courses. Could be worth considering.
Does that help at all?
GOOD LUCK.
H.x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

beatthescale HB User

That is a very hefty goal. Remember, losing 2 lbs./week is considered the max. by experts to be safe. That being said, when you have a LOT of weight to lose, you can lose more than 2 lbs./week at first because fat loss is relative to body weight.

You definitely need a lot of cardio. to burn the calories, but don't neglect the weights/resistance either. A great way to get both is to do combo. workouts like circuits or a group exercise class like "Cardio. Tone" or Zumba Toning. Let me know if you need help developing an exercise plan.

And of course, CONGRATS!!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
(female)

ConciousMom77 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Help! I need to lose 50lbs in 4 months for my wedding!

Hi Beka30,

I understand that your situation is quite frustrating. I could not imagine what I've been through before my wedding last year... It's our dream to become the loveliest bride during this special event in a woman's life.

I've had a regular exercise and a balanced diet but the result is far to slow with far too little success so I decide to consult my doctor on how can I loose more weight in a shorter period of time.

He advised me to undergo a Smartlipo. I trusted my doctor and without a doubt I took a smartlipo procedure. It took a couple of hours to complete the procedure and guess what? the pain is very minimal and another good thing, the recovery is very quick with impressive results.

I am so grateful with the results I've got. My money and time was never wasted.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Hope this helps....

Thanks,
ConciousMom77

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-24-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

citychicgal HB User

Hey! I am not sure how much you will lose but here is great info!

Limit carbs to BEFORE 2pm
Workout 1 1/2-2 hrs 6 days a week HARD! No excuses
EAT WHOLE NATURAL FOODS! No Lean Cuisine, Fat free cookies etc!
Lift weights (NEEDED TO BURN FAT) then do cardio RIGHT after in that order
Drink a gallon of water (16 cups)
Lean protein only
HIITS! Google them, 1 min run fasttt, 1 min rest...Repeat 30 min!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Closed Thread