It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

hollns HB User
No 1 tip to lose weight... What`s yours?

Hi,
As everybody is trying to lose weight, perhaps we could all share our number one piece of advice around weight loss.
Sometimes sticking to a regimented diet is so hard, so many rules (well that's what i found!) so I can off it and made my own up, based of little bits of all diets that suited me! It was a strange methodology - but it did work.
So I wondered what everybodies one piece of advice would be...
Might help everybody.
h.x

Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
(female)

Adalyn HB User
Re: No 1 tip to lose weight... What`s yours?

I know that a cup of green tea 20 minutes before your meal helps to reduce a caloric value of food and lose weight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

MyEye! HB User

Nothing white!! No bread, potatoes, pasta, sugar, rice, etc. That along with watch your calories and fat, higher protein, and at least 30 minutes daily cardio should help. I lost 20 lbs in 10 weeks working with a personal trainer, but diet was a big part of it. 5 smalls meals a day (eat every 3 hours), 300 calories each, no more than 20 grams of carbs, 10 grams of fat, and .... I cant remember but a good portion of protein. Very tough to follow but losing weight isn't easy. It's amazing how many carbs are in so many things -- I read everything now and avoid high carb items. Good luck.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
(female)

alpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB User

writing everything down that goes into my mouth. Although I don't do this seven days a week, I will pick a few days a week to do this to help keep myself on track. It is amazing how a little bite of this or that adds up and unless I'm noting it with pen and paper, it's easy to forget I even ate it. It can be a real eye opener.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

I also eat a low carb diet and calculate my daily protein, carb, and fat intake.
I exercise, well, do the treadmill, five to six times a week.
No sweets--keep no snacks in the house where I can see them--have to have some in the house because of my husband, etc. But, I tell him to hide them.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
(female)

InShapeAfter50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollns View Post
Hi,
As everybody is trying to lose weight, perhaps we could all share our number one piece of advice around weight loss.
Sometimes sticking to a regimented diet is so hard, so many rules (well that's what i found!) so I can off it and made my own up, based of little bits of all diets that suited me! It was a strange methodology - but it did work.
So I wondered what everybodies one piece of advice would be...
Might help everybody.
h.x
Nature knows what it is doing and never intended us to count calories, carbs, fats or anything else. My #1 tip is to do what works for you. We are all just a little different. I have been reading many of your posts, and what works for you is close to what works for me but with one difference. I cannot eat grains without gaining weight (nothing with flour so no breads, pasta, pastries). Instead I am learning how to cook and eat beans. They are low on the glycemic index, can be tasty and fill you up so you don't feel hungry.
My #2 tip (is it okay to share 2?) is to lighten up. If I have a real strong craving for a nice bun or a slice of cheesecake I have it. Not often, not regularly, but occasionally. When I have told myself no, never; then all I can think about is whatever is forbidden. Forbid yourself nothing, but you still have to exercise control. One good portion a week works for me. More and I gain weight, less (like a 1/2 portion) and the craving is not satisfied and I am miserable.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
(male)

PsychZ HB User

No food after 7 or 8 pm if you go to bed by 10 or 11PM
Can drink water or tea without sugar.
My 2 cents...

Closed Thread