It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

Chelsea bun HB User
All a bit confused - healthy waist yet quite obese...?

Three months ago I went to visit my doctor for my next pack of cilest pills and, as usual, she did the whole weight, height & BP checks. Now I am a UK size 12, bust 42", Waist 29", hips 40" so a pretty curvy, yet I thought average sized girl.
However, when I got on the scales the doctor said, and I quote, "You are a lot heavier than I would ever imagine".
So, following this I have had a massive complex and feel nothing but disgusting and along with being put on Orlistat - which did absolutely nothing for me - had some bloods taken.
It came back with normal levels of testosterone, normal levels of T3 but very low levels of T4. I'm not sure what all of this means and have asked the doc to explain but received very basic info.
I am pleased to confirm the orlistat had NO effect after 28days and since seeing a dietician I have lost 2kgs in 2 weeks.
Just to add, I am 5'3 and weigh approx 75kgs and have been told to lose a further 24kgs. I do have quite large breasts at a UK34 G.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
(female)

Menacia HB User
Re: All a bit confused - healthy waist yet quite obese...?

You should probably find another doctor, one who will sit with you and explain your results (or demand from your current doctor that she explain it to you). A low T4 (depending upon other measures) might be an issue with your thyroid. It's great you are working with a dietician, weight loss is a process, but ultimately the goal is to develop healthy habits that will stick with you over a lifetime. You don't mention exercise at all, but you should be doing that as well as eating healthier.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

That sounds impossible. You aren't very tall, you're big chested, but your hips and waist are healthy. How on earth can you weigh 75 kilograms? I'm 4 inches taller and only slightly smaller in measurements, but I weight 60 kilograms!

Have you confirmed this weight on multiple scales? Are you very muscular?

Old 07-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
(female)

Chelsea bun HB User
Unhappy Re: All a bit confused - healthy waist yet quite obese...?

I have weighed myself on manual and electronic scales both come back between 72-75 kg.
In terms of exercise I run on average between 10-12km a week. I used to go to the gym but struggle with fitting it in now.
All this is really stressing me out. I have muscular legs and core muscles but not so much on my upper body, just gigantic boobs - which annoy the hell out of me!!
How accurate is the BMI chart? I'm am showing a BMI of 30 (obese) and to get down to a BMI of 25 I would need to drop to 55kg. MENTAL.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Normally, a woman with a BMI over 25 is overweight, but from the way you've described yourself, you don't sound overweight.

At your gym, see if you can find anyone to do a body fat measurement on you. That might be a way to get a straight answer.

Closed Thread