It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Eating one meal per day

Does anyone here do that to lose weight and maintain the weight loss? Another question? I find that I am almost never hungry when I 1st awake in the morning. Is this normal? This is why I have never been a breakfast eater. TIA(thanks in advance) for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

MysticDreams HB User
Re: Eating one meal per day

Skipping meals hinders more than it helps. This can put your body in starvation mode and cause stress or other health issues. It can mess with you metabolism decreasing weight loss. As far as not being hungry in the mornings, I know a lot of people like that. But even eating a good small meal is better than nothing. This helps your body and mind stay focused and more active and helps to keep you energy up. There's a good reason why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Thanks MysticDreams. I am 50 years old and my body just clings onto the weight now. I am going to force myself to start eating a small meal for breakfast like you suggested even if it is only a piece of fruit and some nuts. How old are you and are you able to control your weight? I am a male. I weight currently 178 lbs. I would like to be 150 lbs. Is this unrealistic in your opinion? I remember this weight as being one where I felt great physically and my low back was not hurting all the time.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

MysticDreams HB User

Hi blueskies! I'm 28 but I do have several health problems. (Bad knees, hypoglycemia, back pain.) Unfortunately I let myself go while going through some stressful times and am currently overweight. My goal weight is 160lbs. I'm female, 6'0" tall and strong build. I have lost 30 Pounds and have another 30 to go. I would say your goal sound reasonable if that is where you felt best before. Depends on height, build, and age. Try eating the small meal for breakfast. This may help you, it truly can't hurt. Keep a journal of your calorie intake and the exercise you do each day. You need to burn more calories than what you take in each day.

The Following User Says Thank You to MysticDreams For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Congrats on the 30 lb weight loss MysticDreams. That is a great achievement. Are you losing the weight by watching calories alone? I have cut out white flour and sugar. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder and these foods were making my blood sugar levels go crazy and causing lots of heart palps and anxiety.

Tell me exactly what your weight loss plan is. What foods are you eating. What kind of exercising are you doing if anything and how often do you do it? I have also cut out the fast food joints. LOL>>>>This alone helps your waistline, health, and wallet. LOL Thanks for talking to me.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

I have a medium bodybuild btw and I am 5'9" tall.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
(female)

MysticDreams HB User

I only drink water since I have always been prone to kidney infections. For some reason I get sick after 1 soda. *shrugs* No fast foods. I cook at home most nights for dinner unless I work late. I'm a picky eater which you would think makes it tough, but I eat a look of chicken (I make an amazing orange chicken that tastes good and is good for you.) and a lot of fish. I makes sandwhichs for my lunchs or I will go to Subway or Jersy Mikes if I was too lazy to make my lunch. I take snacks like bananas, apples, or things that I prep amounts like gold fish or teddy grahams. For breakfast I normally eat a bowl of Coco puffs (It's nice to get a chocolate fix LOL) but I always measure what I eat and it helps me keep my calories accurate. I do Taekwondo 3 times a week (this kicks my butt, but I love it!), Brisk walks around my neighborhood 5 times a week (about 2 miles in 1 trip around), I go swimming when I get the chance (never enough time), and I am the person who will always take the stairs instead of the elevator and I park at the bottom of the parking lot so I have to walk. I do allow myself a break once a month. This is always something I look forward to...normally I get to go out for ribs as a prize! I try to eat about 5-6 times a day. Breafast>Snack>Lunch>Snack>Dinner>(Snack I rarely get to eat, lol) Helps me not be hungry and helps my portions stay down.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Tremlet>>>Thanks! Are you @ your goal weight?

MysticDreams>>>>Your lifestyle sounds very healthy to me and conducive to healthy, sustainable weight loss. I think the problem most ppl have and fear is now that I have lost the weight, how in the world am I going to keep it off for the rest of my life. It is kinda painful to think about in a way b/c food is such a big and enjoyable part of our lives. Unlike trying to quit drugs or alcohol, we must maintain a healthy relationship with food for the remainder of our lives. For example, I have given up candy bars but I still crave them like crazy. My problem has always been portion control MysticDreams when it comes to sweets. If I were to eat just one candy bar right now, I get an incredible urge to then eat like 4 or 5 to the point of it making me literally sick. I have in the past eaten 5 of those giant snicker candy bars one right after the other>>>wanting almost to capture and repeat the pleasurable experience over and over. I also like your exercise regimen Mystic.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 07-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Closed Thread