It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

MysticDreams HB User
My parents hurt more than they help

I'm in my late 20's and I still live at home. I just finished college and I'm getting married next spring. Due to stress and my grueling schedules I grained a lot of weight. I'm at my all time heaviest weight right now. My parents swear they want to help support my weight loss they need to get in shape too. We have gym memberships but they never go with me. I couldn't find anyone else to go with me and so I decided to start Martial Arts. I love it and I beg my parents to try it, but they wont. The big problem is the food. I go to the store and by health food and snacks. I take the time to separate portions And have meals planned. Not only do my parents bring in a ton of junk food (especially the ones that are my weakness) they eat all of my snacks and food without telling me. I have talked to them about this several times, but it doesn't change things. Any advice? I love my parents and we have a great realtionship. But they aren't helping my situation at all.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

Menacia HB User
Re: My parents hurt more than they help

It's very difficult to lose weight when others, though supportive, don't have the same goals as you in mind. Is there any way that you could get a small fridge/storage locker for your room to store your food (something you can put on a lock on)? Your parents sound like they are completely out of control and cannot help you with this process because they cannot help themselves. It's great you've found an activity that you enjoy, but don't expect your parents to follow suit, you need to find others to help with your motivation.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread