It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

terestrife HB User
Depressed after cheat day/re-feed day?

i have spent 1.5 years going from 233+ to 129 lbs i am 26 years old woman, and im 5'5". id like to lose 5 or so more lbs. but a few weeks ago i started implementing a cheat day. i thought i had dealt with my food issues and during the time i was losing weight id allow myself some skinny cow ice cream once a day. the last 10 lbs have been a nightmare to get off, but someone told me adding one day of just eating whatever you want and having the day off really helps.

but on those days i get depressed, and eat way too many sweets, i eat from 2000-3000 and sometimes 4000 calories. on those days i got back into my habit of eating way too much and feeling stuffed. anyone whose been overweight knows that "just a little more" voice. i feel so crappy and yet i eat the food anyway. i feel like im going back to who i was. at first it actually felt good to have one day of not worrying about calories and what is or isnt healthy, its good for me mentally.

but how can i have a cheat day without overdoing it? by the way, can i still lose weight with the way im eating? or so i start monitoring my calories even on my cheat day? i currently eat 1500 calories 6 days a week and 1 day is the cheat day.

also, i exercise 6 hours a week. i do weights/cardio. exercises like body attack/pump/combat, and many others in a similar style

Last edited by terestrife; 07-21-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

zerocrossing HB User
Re: Depressed after cheat day/re-feed day?

First, congrats on shedding that weight!

Even though you exercise 6 hours a week, if you are overeating like that, I don't see you losing weight. You may end up gaining or stabilizing your weight. And yes, monitor calories even on cheat days.

Back in December 2010 I reached my highest weight: 190 lbs. I decided it was time to do something about my weight and eating habits before I ended up 200 lbs. Right now I'm 150 lbs...my goal is 135 lbs. I got here by "dieting" and exercise. I put dieting in quotes because I don't really think of it as a diet. I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life. Before I started this "diet" I would eat probably about 3000-4000 calories a day. And I would eat until I literally got sick. My lowest point was eating so much until I threw up in my plate at a restaurant. Very embarrassing. But what I learned is that I can't have cheat days and eat whatever I want or however much I want...because I have an overeating issue. So what I've learned to do...is maybe during one day of the week, I will still count calories and keep my target. But I may eat something I crave like pasta, bread, a piece of cake...whatever. But I still count it in my calories. So what I think you should do is still count calories because it's really easy to get carried away. But what might happen is you may end up eating fewer meals in that day because they were higher in calories. I hope that helps.

One more thing...don't beat yourself up over this. You have already achieved so much. If you fall off the wagon, jump right back on!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread