It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

lyndycat HB User
intentional weight loss and diarrhea

I am just newly subscribed to Health Boards. I have been dieting since February of this year and have lost 34 pounds. I also have lactose and gluten intolerances, but have been carefully avoiding these for almost a year now. Almost from the beginning of the weight loss I have have as many as 6-7 bowel movements., whereas before the weight loss I had tended toward constipation. I am ingesting about the same amount of fiber and water. I have always eaten a lot of vegetables and fruits, but have decreased my portion size, eliminated all refined carbs, lowered my fat intake and my carbs, but increased my protein. I take 3-4 exercise classes a week and walk almost everyday. Does anyone have any thoughts about the cause of the frequent bowel movements?

The following user gives a hug of support to lyndycat:
husada (07-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

lyndycat HB User
Re: intentional weight loss and diarrhea

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbalLeader View Post
Based on my experience as a nutrition coach, I would say that you may be having a bit of trouble digesting the increased protein in your diet and/or increased fiber may have irritate the bowels. I've experienced the irritation myself with certain high fiber foods. I would try adding some aloe (soothing agent) and a digestive enzyme (Aminogen)....both are completely natural, non-toxic and may ease the problem.
Dear Herbal Leader,
Thank you very much for your suggestion to take for the diarrhea. I will check into it and give it a try if what I read about it is okay. I appreciate your taking the time to reply to me.
All the best,
Lyndycat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread