It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

marymay2222 HB User
Newbie Here/Have to Lose for Health Reasons

Hi!

I started a weight loss progam of my own ... eating less around one month ago. My starting weight was 124, mornng, no food, etc. At first I was losing rapidly ... like I was down to 121 lbs. I could not believe it. I was looking thinner and fitting into my clothes better.

Well now I am back up to 123 and I have not changed the way I eat. And, Im back to being more fatty. So why? What did I do wrong

I am very petite. 5'0" tall and very small bone structure. Recently dx'd with very high risk Pre-Diabetes ... I am on the borderline ... so I have GOT to lose this weight. They suggested a weight of 115 for starters, watching what I eat (low carbs & sugar) and, ugh!,
exercise. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Newbie Here/Have to Lose for Health Reasons

A fluctuation of 2 or 3 pounds doesn't mean much either way, honestly. Could be just water weight.

Avoiding sugar is a good first step, but do be sure to eat plenty of vegetables and moderate portions of lean protein. Eating more veggies (NOT the starchy ones) is a great way to lose weight.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
marymay2222 (08-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
(male)

kenzy4real HB User
Re: Newbie Here/Have to Lose for Health Reasons

Well this was the same thing my wife was complaining about, i did some research and discovered that excess sugar is one of things that causes a rapid increase in weight. So i suggest that you cut your daily deserts such as cakes, ice creams and chocolates and eat more vegetables. I know it will be hard, but you will see great results. This little tip helped my wife in loosing some pounds.

Last edited by kenzy4real; 08-07-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Closed Thread