It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
(male)

Teandor HB User
Weight Loss - Unsure of Diets

Hi Everyone,

I've always been rather lazy, spent most of my time on the computer and eating junk, and it's all caught up to me. I'm trying to work off years of 'abuse', but not sure how to go about it.

I started off at almost 13 stone. I'm around 5 foot 5 inches, so that's obese.

I'm down to around 12 now, but I think that's mainly from fluids. I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I'm trying a few different things, but I'm not sure if they're the right way to go about it.

From what I understand the low carb diet allows you to eat some rather enjoyable stuff, such as bacon, burgers, etc - is this correct? Is this okay even though the foods are fatty?

I'm trying to combine a low carb diet with a restricted calorie diet. At the moment I know I'm not eating enough, as I feel quite hungry. As a typical example, today:

- Around 1130 calories eaten
- 320mg of Cholesterol, which apparently is bad
- 72g of protein, which my weight tracking program says is bad?

On top of the above, I've also got around 500-ish calories burned off with exercise, whereas usually I don't do much of that.

I'm wondering if I'm skimping on calories a bit too much due to the exercise. I'm also wondering if people can advise if I'm correct in thinking with low carb diets, I can eat a bunch of stuff I enjoy, such as red meat.

Can anyone give me any recommendations or suggestions on what to change?

Thank you for your time :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

prettii HB User
Re: Weight Loss - Unsure of Diets

calories are not a problem dont worry too much about those, they are energy you just got use the energy wisely. sounds like you need to cut down on the sodium. Salty foods, naturally our body craves salt becuase it was hard to find. it was hard for me to do but after i found a few recipe books and actually looked at the ingredients on menus it worked i even feel fresher. I spend alot of time sitting too im a college student living with two college boys who eat for two each. i just a small girl to begin with but i started to catch up to me with their unhealthy eating. im always in a rush or too lazy to make anything. so i know where you are coming from. if there are stair wherever you go take them. makes a huge difference. watch your sodium intake trust me. i eat lost of bacon and cheese but i use that energy to do something even if its changing where your computer is placed, move things. simple things like this will benifit you, not fast but in a while. try also meal replacement shakes, awesome chocolate and vanilla flovors fill you up and take your craving for sweets away. start with nutrition before gym. 99% diet 10% cardio. im healthier just by changing simple things in my diet and daily life activities. watching videos of people working out or even looking up workouts gets you pumped. if you have anymore questions more than willing to help just messge me

Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

prettii HB User
Re: Weight Loss - Unsure of Diets

by the way use that red meat as protien its good for a guy like you just use it right, low carbs an no protien is bad when your trying to work out. take it in, just cut down on salty foods and some grease.

Closed Thread