It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

KayM HB User
Talking How to lose weight over 40?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to lose weight for women over 40? Our bodies are changing at this point. What have other women done?

Last edited by KayM; 09-20-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

emerrube HB User
Re: How to lose weight over 40?

I want to know too! I'm almost 40, but my body is going through peri now and I'm frustrated that I haven't lost any weight since I started exercising more regularly a couple months back. Actually, I've gained some. I know that is normal with gaining muscle, but I did a lot of measuring and none of those went down either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
(female)

Vintage Wine HB User

I'm mid-40's and after losing my job last year, slowed down and actually relaxed (it was a nightmarish, stressful job) and gained about 20 pounds! I was previously under-weight for my height so the extra pounds were not all bad, but still! I started feeling sluggish so I then started working out and lost inches but not pounds, because like you said, muscle puts on pounds. My doctor told me the same thing. He was glad I'd gained weight so he wasn't listening to me complain about the sluggishness, etc.

I drink alot of water. I've also heard it wouldn't hurt to have your hormone levels checked in the 40's too by your ob/gyn.

Last edited by Vintage Wine; 09-20-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
(female)

KayM HB User

Vintage_Wine, its my experience that hormones play a big part. I take natural ones from herbs and they've helped me. Just being overweight makes more estrogen by the way. And stress produces a certain hormone that makes the body hold onto the fat.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

I was 53 yrs old when I decided to try and see if I could remake my body into what it once was 20 years ago! YES, I did do it. Lost 40 lbs in about 3 months, by exercising CONSTANTLY and eating boring healthy foods. I was very thin, but had high muscle definition. Lots of cardio and weights. rock hard body, rumor had it!
This lasted over 3 yrs then motivation just up and died. As a test, I will simply try again, to see if it is possible to do it all over again at age 57.

The following user gives a hug of support to amyd:
karenleed (10-18-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:
karenleed (10-18-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
(female)

KayM HB User

You certainly can get your body in shape if you want to. Of course the "want to" is really important. You seem to have a lot on the ball to have done it once like that! Good luck!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
(female)

Beatrice Hannah HB User

Iíll be turning 41 this month. Losing weight has really been different when I hit 30 than when I was in my teens and twenties. Iím interested on the exercise video by Jane Fonda now, since she caters to the 40 and above age group. Also, Iím checking on some weight loss hormone hcg that my friend is using. Have you heard of that, hcg diet drops ?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
(female)

KayM HB User

I don't know about the weight loss hormone, but it is good you are asking about it. I have heard you need to be careful when taking hormones. I do know that getting our hormones balanced is super important to losing weight. You can check in with your doctor about that. There are also herbal kinds that as I understand is more bioavailable and safer. Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
(male)

Atwater HB User

The best solution to lose the weight is to use these tablets it is very effective to lose the weight quickly.
Vit D
Biotin
liquid b12

Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
(female)

KayM HB User

Thanks for all your ideas! I am just beginning the journey and just hearing that there are others in the same boat or already successfully ahead of me is really encouraging.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Weight loss after 40 is just as difficult for men as it is for women. When I was in my 30's, it was so easy for me to lose weight. Now that I'm in my
40's the weight is coming off so much slower! It's like, what a difference a couple of years make! 2 years ago I was still in my 30's and I lost 70 lbs in 7months! However, for the past year, I've been struggling to lose just 10 or
15 lbs!!! So, yes, body and metabalism changes with age for both men and women.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
(female)

KayM HB User

Yes I know! My husband has always been very thin. He was a guy who couldn't gain weight. He is handicapped and 54 years old now. Exercise is almost impossible for him because of his pain level and his medication adds to the problem of losing weight. I know if he were younger though, weight wouldn't be much of a problem. Age makes a difference doesn't it!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
(female)

moonmaid HB User

I find walking is the best. You can do it anywhere anytime and you get great results! Works like a charm just an hour each day will blast off the fat and if you add a weight vest you double weight loss its faster plus you get toned and firm and a gorgeous athletic looking body .
I use the nyknyc vest it is really made for women - others are for guys and look silly.

The Following User Says Thank You to moonmaid For This Useful Post:
KayM (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
(female)

KayM HB User

Thanks MoonMaid,
Walking is in my future TO DO list. I will admit I am procrastining for some weird reason. I guess we get stuck in being comfortable in our habits.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
(female)

Beatrice Hannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMaxim View Post
I don't know about the weight loss hormone, but it is good you are asking about it. I have heard you need to be careful when taking hormones. I do know that getting our hormones balanced is super important to losing weight. You can check in with your doctor about that. There are also herbal kinds that as I understand is more bioavailable and safer. Good luck in your weight loss journey!

IMO, almost every person has different bodily reactions on different things What I'm using now is HCG FastTrim. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonodotropin. I read in their website that our body produces this hormone and helps metabolize the fat stores in our body for use as energy. This is done by stimulating the Hypothalamus.

I think it's always best to follow the diet that is ideal for our health and body

The Following User Says Thank You to Beatrice Hannah For This Useful Post:
KayM (10-11-2011)
Closed Thread