It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

Stormbringer HB User
Weight loss, is it normal?

I've been following a diet for two weeks, more or less.
Like...a piece of bread with cheese for dinner, or a diet cookie for breakfast, along with juices and healthy recipes.
The thing is, that last sunday (september 25) my weight was like...96 kg (I know, I'm not a supermodel), and yesterday in the morning (september 29) my weight was 92 kg.
I was kind of scared, you know, but everyone has been telling me that it's because of the diet. Can someone lose that weight by following a diet, or is something wrong with my body?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Weight loss, is it normal?

I don't think there's anything wrong with your body. I do caution you against doing two things, though. One is comparing yourself in any way to a supermodel. Most of them are far too skinny and who knows how much of that is air brushing, too. My point is, we should not strive for supermodel weight. My other caution is that I don't think you are eating properly. Instead of a "diet cookie" for breakfast eat something that has protein, like an egg. It will keep your tummy full for longer, much more healthy. Also, juice is a lot of calories. Much smarter to eat the actual fruit. Don't be scared, but do reevaluate what you're choosing to eat. Also, add some exercise. A healthy diet should allow you to lose 1-2 pounds each week. Best wishes, Sue

Last edited by slenderella; 09-30-2011 at 10:31 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Stormbringer (09-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
(male)

Stormbringer HB User

Thank you very much, for helping me once again.
I'm feeling more calm now, it was just that the sudden disappearance of four kg kind of surprised me. But I have been told that if it was an illness the weight loss would be more severe and fast. Thank you again, I'll try to follow a healthy diet and staying OK.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

You're welcome, honey. You're correct that you shouldn't be worried that this is something of a more serious nature. It's easier said than done, but the saying "everything in moderation" is a good one. You take good care of yourself. Glad you reached out for help, do that as often as you wish. People here really do care.

Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Stormbringer (09-30-2011)
Closed Thread