It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

MegaMotivation HB User
Tired of struggling with weight! Need help!

I have been struggling with being overweight all my life. I just turned 24 last week and there have only been about 2 years of my life where I have been healthy and not overweight. That was 10 years ago and I am fed up with myself. I have tried exercising and eating healthy. Its not that I do not mind exercising but my metabolism and energy levels are very low. I was diagnosed with a hypoactive thyroid last year which I had been suspecting was an issue for a long time now. I have tried getting to the gym as much as I can but I either don't have the energy or get tired too quickly. My eating habits are improving although it is taking some time considering how long I have not been eating well. Every time I eat I get tired, even if it is something healthy. Instead of my body burning my food into energy, I end up drained. My thyroid medication has not been helping. I used to be a morning person and this past year have found it really hard to get up in the morning after going to bed early the previous night. My weight is just wearing me out. I am 5'5 and 250lbs. I was 200lbs early last year. To gain 50lbs in that amount of time is very fast and dangerous. Despite being overweight most of my life, I have never had stretch marks till now and have never been this heavy. I really need some suggestions on how to boost my metabolism myself. I really want to start getting to the gym in the morning before work even if its for a half hour on the tread mill. Open to any suggestions you have!

The following user gives a hug of support to MegaMotivation:
genawomack (10-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
(female)

rainbowskin HB User
Re: Tired of struggling with weight! Need help!

What have you been eating day to day that you consider healthy eating? To boost your metabolism you might want to try drinking a cup of green tea and 8 oz of water a half hour before eating. It sounds like you may be eating too many carbs which can slow someone down and decrease energy levels. Try and eat 8 small meals per day tmaintain an energy level.. never be hungry. The 8 small meals per day should include anything you can find in the produce department or meat department.. and try and eat the "rainbow" everyday. By rainbow I mean every color you can find, BLUE blueberries, RED strawberries, GREEN broccoli. For carbs, you want whole grain in a minimum, but at least an oz per day. You also want healthy fats and oils, avocado, nuts, and seeds are good for that... use olive oil instead of butter or vegetable oil for cooking. Try and incorporate and learn how to season foods so you don't have to use cheeses or condiments.

Closed Thread