It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

Prana27 HB User
Post Losing Fat

Whatís the biggest challenge or frustration youíre having with losing fat right now?

I want to know what you've tried that hasn't worked and what you're looking to achieve regarding your own fat loss, specifically.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Losing Fat

I'll tell you what works without fail. Track everything you put in your mouth, write it down.
Stay away as much as possible from white foods: pasta, bread, rice, cookies and cakes (white flour), potatoes. Exercise. Increase your fruits and vegetables and decrease your red meats and sugary sodas and juices.
Good luck !!!!

Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Prana27 (10-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
(male)

kjman87 HB User

The most frustrating thing for me right now is I have hit a plateau. I had been losing weight for the last 3 months or so, down 25lbs, but I just hit a wall at 200lbs. I am 5'11.5" (to be accurate) and am going for 175-180 and seeing how its going at that point but just hit this wall. I still run 4-5 time a week (4+ miles a run since I am training for my third half marathon) and rock climb on average 2x a week. Eating habits haven't changed. This is just frustrating and I know I have to change things up to continue.

I am probably in the best shape I have been in in my life. I can run 10 miles without getting sore, do 10 pullups and over 50 pushups but I really wanted the weight to get down to where I had planned. (trust me I still have fat to loose, you can see it haha)

Any advice for getting me passed this plateau? I am thinking about changing a day or 2 a week from running to the Insanity workout series since that should change things up a bit, but still need to focus quite a bit on the running since my half is Nov 20 and I am looking for a sub 2:00 run (9:09/mile pace).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE who is in a similar situation!!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
(male)

Prana27 HB User

Definitely keep running because that will help the most for your half marathon. As far as breaking your plateau without reducing more calories, one idea would be to add resistance training to your routine. The push-ups are good but chances are your body has adapted to them and they no longer provide the same results they used to. A well rounded resistance training routine 2-3 days a week will make a big difference. You don't even have to pick something as intense as Insanity, just something that you enjoy and be able to stick with for the longer term.

Closed Thread