It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
(female)

mandolins HB User
Question has anyone tried the hcg diet?

I just started this diet 2 weeks ago and lost 15 pounds, but it seems to good to be true. has anyone tried this and kept the weight off?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

lam41565 HB User
Re: has anyone tried the hcg diet?

I read about this also. That seems like an awful lot of weight to lose that fast. They say you should lose no more than 2 lbs per week for it to stay off and to be healthy. What exactly is that HCG?. Is it a pill? How do you feel on it? Do you still eat normal portions or does it make you not want to eat at all? I had thought about trying this but was a little leary about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
(female)

mandolins HB User

HCG is the hormone pregnant women produce. Its suposed to make the bodies of pregnant women to use their own fat stores as a source of calories if there not eating allot. Its a low dose of the hormone though, not enough to make a pregnancy test come up positive. Some people inject it but i have drops you put under the tongue. The first week was really hard, they say you wont be hungry but you are. I eat 500 calories a day. I think the hormone works though because i never get weak or dizzy, and my body fat keeps dropping. I think ill have to slowly ween off it so i dont gain it all back and put my body through shock.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
(female)

lam41565 HB User

500 calories??? OMG that is way too low!! You should talk to your dr about that. You should be eating no less that 1200 calories per day. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will gain it all back plus some once you start eating healthy again. Check on line about the calories you should eat. And if you are exercising you need to eat more calories too. I'm surprised you have any energy at all. Please check into this!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
(male)

chris805 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam41565 View Post
500 calories??? OMG that is way too low!! You should talk to your dr about that. You should be eating no less that 1200 calories per day. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will gain it all back plus some once you start eating healthy again. Check on line about the calories you should eat. And if you are exercising you need to eat more calories too. I'm surprised you have any energy at all. Please check into this!!!
HCG drops have worked. You must limit your calories but the drops help you by supressing your appetite so it's not a problem to eat less. Be guided by your scale and don't starve yourself. It may take longer but the weight will stay off.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
(female)

lam41565 HB User

I have never heard of any safe diet eating 500 calories. I wouldn't go under 1000. Your body needs food to fuel itself for energy and for your organs to function properly. I would contact your dr about it and ask him what amount you should be eating for your current weight for weight loss at a safe 1 - 2 lbs per week. As far as taking the HCG....if that works for you that's great but I would up the calories. I'm sure if the HCG works it should work with more calories. Anyone could lose a ton of weight fast eating just 500 cal per day even without a pill. Good luck to you!!

Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Taking a pregnancy hormone and starving yourself on 500 calories a day? Really? This is pure madness. I can't believe anyone would do something so obviously unhealthy just to lose weight. There is no way that this could possibly be even remotely healthy nor lead to a lasting weight loss. As has already been pointed out, anyone could drop a ton of weight by only taking in 500 calories a day but the damage that does to your other organs not to mention the hormones which could possibly cause cancer makes this not only a very dangerous diet but also one of the stupidest ideas out there.

I'm all for people losing weight but only if they do it healthy. Otherwise it totally defeats the purpose when your method of weight loss causes your organs to fail and possibly A growing cancer due to the toxins you use to get there. Gross.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
(female)

mandolins HB User

the diet seems to work, but its lowered my imune system. i keep getting colds and now athletes foot. im going to stick it out a few days but i dont recomend it.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
(female)

lam41565 HB User

I am sure you are getting sick from not eating enough calories...not the HCG. Increase your calorie intake to 1200. Healthy calories and I'm sure you will feel a lot better soon.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
(female)

ghis31 HB User

I did have succes with it, but lost a ton of hair and put the weight back on afterwards... I searched online and my story seems typical. I wish you better though...

Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
(female)

Cali73 HB User

I started the Hcg diet last December and had amazing results with it. I have the kept the weight off (35+pounds) for almost a year. I used the Evoke brand homeopathic drops and was monitored by my doctor. The best thing for me was to read, read, read. The Hcg diet is based on the book Pounds and Inches by Dr. ATW Simeons.

It is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I, too, thought it sounded INSANE but the 500 calories is only for 21 days. I went to my doctor a few days in, thinking that I was really going to get an earful and she was completely supportive and familiar with the protocol, as another local clinic started offering the program (using the 'real' hcg injections). And it's no more unhealthy or harmful to your organs than dragging around an extra 50-200 pounds is.

My circle of friends (about 9 of us) all started within a few months of each other and have all kept the weight off. One of us gained back a few pounds on vacation this summer, but overall it's been a huge success.

And don't buy into any of those crazy expensive plans/products. It can't be done super cheap!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
(female)

kbmeow HB User

although I have not done the HCG diet I did something similar. Under 500 calorie, low to no carb etc. Mine was with weight loss drugs. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months but the cost got too high for me. Within a month of going off I had gained back 5 and was ok with that as I was eating more " normal". Within a year I had gained not only the 30 back but 20 more. Yes some people can keep it of but most not. You are starving yourself in the diet and when you start eating again your body goes crazy to build up the reserve fat. Ask you General practitioner DR. and see what they think. Good Luck with weight loss

Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
(male)

Cole4567 HB User

your body needs more than 500 cal per day, just cut out sugars and salts and other fats and you'll do much better in the long run. it is a matter of how many calories you take in and how many you burn

Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I literally just read an article about this yesterday about how the FDA is going after the companies who sell this hcg garbage because it's nothing but garbage. The FDA said the companies were lying and misrepresenting the active ingredients in the supplements and besides which people were getting sick on it. The article was talking about how the only reason why weight loss occurred was due to the severe calorie restriction and had nothing at all to do with the fake supplements which are a waste of money.

I think all of you on this diet should do a search for the latest news about this diet specifically because it's a huge waste of money and you're being ripped off! The only reason why you are losing weight is because you're eating practically nothing. Everyone will lose weight when they eat nothing, that's a no-brainer! But adding this garbage supplement is a waste off money and not even safe!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

this diet is not new, it was a big thing in the late 70's all of my friends and I was doing it, it just resurfaced lately because of the obsession with being thin
I was up and down so many times that I lost count, probably lost and gained a coupe of thousand pounds over about a 30 year period ,let me tell you folks ,when I stopped ,I did gain the weight back and then some, but I went on the lose the weight by just pushing back the plate and that lasted until I was about 50 ,then the harmones took over now I am about 40 lbs over ,partly because of all of the cortizone injections ,there is no magic pill , my new hobby is scouring the internet for low calorie food that I can eat in large quantities , I am vegan now
good luck !!!!!!!

Closed Thread