It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
(female)

Pipsal HB User
Why am I gaining, not losing weight - on Duromine, cal counting, exercising....

I have been overweight since my teens, but even as a child I was always more solid and taller than other kids my age - I was referred to as 'big boned'! Over the past 12 years or so, the weight has crept up and I got to 137kg (300lbs). Managed to get it down to 123kg over about 18 months of on/off meal replacement shakes and calorie counting, and have stayed the same weight for several months now. For the past 6 weeks though, I have been putting in a huge effort to start losing weight again, but nothing is working - not just on the scales but I am taking measurements too and they aren't changing either!!

Stats- 31 year old female, 172cm tall and currently weigh 123kg.

Here is what I am doing....please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what I can do that might help!

- I am taking Duromine 30mg (first time I've tried it and have taken it for 3 weeks - it was supposed to help get things moving as nothing else worked, and all it does is make me feel full quicker, no extra energy and no weight loss!)

- I am eating around 1200calories a day, with the occasional indulgence that does not put me over 2000cals (which is my BMR).
Basic food for the day: 3x weetbix & low fat milk, apple, chicken sandwich on brown (no butter, etc), boiled egg sometimes and then a 350 cal low fat frozen dinner (meat and veges, from weight loss company).

- I am swimming 3 days a week for 1/2hr....haven't been in a pool for 10yrs, but have built up from 25m lap to 10x50m mix of breastroke and freestyle over the past 6 weeks.

- I am walking on treadmill alternate days, 2 or 3 days a week for 1 hour, approx. 5kph speed (keeping pulse at about 130bpm - have walking intermittently the past 18mths so this is not terribly new to my system).

- I do a Pilates strengthening class 1 day a week for an hour (have done this for nearly a year though).

I hate exercise, and the fact that I am doing it every day is a miracle, but I know it will be hard for me to sustain, especially if I am not seeing even small results! What else can I try? Even though I'm not real hungry on Duromine, I wanted to make sure I at least ate the 1200 cals a day as I don't want to stop my metabolism and put it all straight back on when I stop!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread