Why am I gaining, not losing weight - on Duromine, cal counting, exercising....
I have been overweight since my teens, but even as a child I was always more solid and taller than other kids my age - I was referred to as 'big boned'! Over the past 12 years or so, the weight has crept up and I got to 137kg (300lbs). Managed to get it down to 123kg over about 18 months of on/off meal replacement shakes and calorie counting, and have stayed the same weight for several months now. For the past 6 weeks though, I have been putting in a huge effort to start losing weight again, but nothing is working - not just on the scales but I am taking measurements too and they aren't changing either!!
Stats- 31 year old female, 172cm tall and currently weigh 123kg.
Here is what I am doing....please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what I can do that might help!
- I am taking Duromine 30mg (first time I've tried it and have taken it for 3 weeks - it was supposed to help get things moving as nothing else worked, and all it does is make me feel full quicker, no extra energy and no weight loss!)
- I am eating around 1200calories a day, with the occasional indulgence that does not put me over 2000cals (which is my BMR).
Basic food for the day: 3x weetbix & low fat milk, apple, chicken sandwich on brown (no butter, etc), boiled egg sometimes and then a 350 cal low fat frozen dinner (meat and veges, from weight loss company).
- I am swimming 3 days a week for 1/2hr....haven't been in a pool for 10yrs, but have built up from 25m lap to 10x50m mix of breastroke and freestyle over the past 6 weeks.
- I am walking on treadmill alternate days, 2 or 3 days a week for 1 hour, approx. 5kph speed (keeping pulse at about 130bpm - have walking intermittently the past 18mths so this is not terribly new to my system).
- I do a Pilates strengthening class 1 day a week for an hour (have done this for nearly a year though).
I hate exercise, and the fact that I am doing it every day is a miracle, but I know it will be hard for me to sustain, especially if I am not seeing even small results! What else can I try? Even though I'm not real hungry on Duromine, I wanted to make sure I at least ate the 1200 cals a day as I don't want to stop my metabolism and put it all straight back on when I stop!