It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

hegemony HB User
I think I have an eating disorder

I eat when I am hungry.
In the summer I was tracking my calorie intake at anywhere from 500-1000 cals per day. I do not believe I am anorexic because I do not have a fear of gaining weight from eating, I just don't have much of an appetite. Sometimes the thought of food being in my mouth or being swallowed (varies) makes me feel gross.

At 92 pounds (I am only 5 feet tall) I finished a cardio workout and after the first sip of my protein shake I felt weak and nauseated. Shortly after, I could not stop throwing up even at the point when there was NO food in my body. I ended up going to the hospital and they could not figure out what was wrong with me, just gave me a pill to reduce vomiting and sent me home. After spending about half an hour nibbling on a soda cracker (bc of the vomiting) my stomach finally began feeling better after 24 hours of vomiting with no food intake. -- other than SOME flattened gingerale and low acid apple juice.

After that experience I realized that I have been confusing appetite and hunger. So although I was eating when I felt hungry, this was at the point of starvation. I didn't have an appetite but my body still required sustenance.

I began eating more and now I achieve the proper calorie intake my size.. I eat a few times a day but I tend to eat a lot sometimes - some could consider this binge eating - but i never throw up!

Prior to this summer of possibly being anorexic -- low calorie intake, eating when I have appetite - I would overeat and I feel that I am at this point again.
The problem is that I cannot register when I am hungry - I can go all day then realize I need to eat something but no matter how much I eat I feel exactly the same.

I wake up knowing what my meal plan will be and count the hours until dinner. I hate this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread