It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
(male)

Mr Pal HB User
Random Stretch Marks/Weight

Hi, never posted on a forum like this so I feel a bit strange but here it goes anyway.

I am a 19 year old male, and about 3 months ago I noticed I had 2 stretch marks on the side of my stomach, since then they started coming on the other side and I even have some minor ones on the top of my left arm, and also worsening on my legs (I have had minor marks on my legs for years though).

Now the thing that is bothering me is that I am not what I would consider to be really overweight. I am tubby but I always thought you had to be really overweight to get stretch marks, where as like I said I am just slightly fat (if this makes sense).

Now the other strange thing is, I have gained no serious weight lately or grown. I have had stretch marks on the top of my legs for a long time (I have always had big legs even when I played sport every day), it literally seems like they have came out of nowhere and has let me puzzled totally, I am actually slightly in shock how these have came about.

Is it time for me to really start eating healthy (I admit I am not a healthy eater at all but my diet is the same as always) and to get running?.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, sorry if it isn't. Anyway thanks for reading this and any help is much appreciated.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

xbadfishx HB Userxbadfishx HB Userxbadfishx HB User
Re: Random Stretch Marks/Weight

Well, its never too early to start eating healthy and exercising regularly, it will only improve your overall health and since your slightly overweight it would be a good idea. As for the stretch marks it depends on how quickly you put on this weight, stretch marks during puberty can be attributed to growth spurts because of the rapid rate of growth, stretch marks are not exactly reserved for the extremely obese, I was just using puberty as an example, I noticed that your 19 and probably done with puberty but males on average stop growing in their early to mid 20's and that might be the reason for them.

Last edited by xbadfishx; 11-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
(male)

Mr Pal HB User

Thanks for the reply.

That is the strange thing though, I had a huge growth spurt from about 14-15 and grew about 6/7 inches but had no marks, then since about 17 I haven't grown at all, if I have it is only half an inch or an inch max (I am 5.11 I might be a bit taller now as I haven't measured myself since I was 17) and I haven't gained a lot of weight either. They have literally came from nowhere it's really strange to me.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
(male)

thabscome HB User

Stretch marks can also appear when you lose weight aswell

Closed Thread