It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User
How to tell hubby to watch his weight

I'm wondering how I should approach this topic with my hubby. Past year he's gained quite a bit and I suppose it has to do with stress on the job and him not
getting time to work out as he used to anymore. Plus he's developed this sweet tooth.

He can be a bit sensitive if I approach this with him but I'm missing his older trimmer version, lol. Any advice

Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User
Re: How to tell hubby to watch his weight

It's not going to be easy, no matter what you say. Obviously just saying "honey, you've gotten fat!" won't work, and it will probably lead to some anger. Find out if he's just been more stressed lately, and find out if he wouldn't mind eating something a bit healthier for his snacks instead of sugar, even something like fruit ( which is sweet but not as sugary ). If he doesn't get the subtle hint, then tell him that you're concerned about his unhealthy habits and want to see the old sexier him. If you can, set up some time where you both can work out together - you'll be exercising and spending time together. Even something as simple as a long walk every night can help. If you can, replace the fattier and sugary foods with something more healthy. I'm not saying you have to go vegan, but find leaner meats, fruit instead of chocolate, less cheese and more vegetables on your pizza, proper serving sizes, replace the soda with water or a 100% juice drink, things like that. Even a small change will help, and not just in weight. He'll have more energy, and probably have a happier attitude overall when he's not inundated with sugars and fats. It will take a while to get used to the food, but you'll both be happier in the long run.

And don't forget to tell him that you love him, and you want the best for him! Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sachimi For This Useful Post:
janewhite1 (01-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

I've been worried about how to make this point to him without coming across as nagging or insensitive. But past year his eating habits did seem to take a dive. I really chalk it down to work related stress, I know he's been going through quite a lot of that.
Problem is he can be a fussy eater, I mean he's got his strong preferences and it is hard to get him to budge.

Your tips were great though. I can try something along those lines. I'm going to try and make healthy meals out of food which are his known favorites. My schedule being hectic too , it would mean me having to really make more time for that as I'm not the most accomplished cook either. But still I'd love to do this for him. Before that though, let me approach this subject with him tenderly, lol.

(I clicked the thank you button for your post)

Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

I really hope things turn out well, and that he won't be too hurt by it. Just try to keep it positive and hopefully he will realise that you're helping out of love, not disgust or anything.

There's a lot of recipe websites and cooking shows that you can search for, and find easy to make, healthy dishes in a short amount of time. There's both famous chefs and just random people who love to cook. That could help you, if you have the time to look at them and find what you like.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-20-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sachimi For This Useful Post:
stasis4 (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
(female)

Hey there Sachimi - I see you again in this thread as well

Thanks for the support and advice. I think I will invest in some of those healthy eating cook books. I am going to make it a joint thing, like how we both hubby and I need to eat better.

Thanking you for this post too!

Last edited by stasis4; 01-20-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
(female)

You're definitely welcome! I hope that everything goes well. =)

Closed Thread