It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

ctnc1234 HB User
Exclamation HCG solution? Purchased it but...

I just purchased the HCG Solution diet, it came with a free web site to track your diet...but it doesn't work. As I read the insert on how to use the product, you simply take a small pill once a day, eat what ever you want, as much as you want for the first two days. On the third and all days following you are to continue to take this pill and consume only 500 cals a day. OMG are you kidding me. I bought this for them to tell me to not to eat over 500 calories a day!!

Anyone else tried this diet? I'm curious what you think...and if the free web sight worked for you.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: HCG solution? Purchased it but....

There is another post here about it. I completely oppose it and if you don't believe me just search the FDA website about it. There is a ton of information on there about how dangerous it is and how they have busted a ton of places for fraud because what they are selling people is complete garbage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
mher (02-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

mher HB User

I think its pretty bogus. 500 cals a day. If you get into the details you can see that its questionable at best and possible not even safe (only can do for 1 month). It's best to leave your hormonal axis alone IMO. Thats a system that you should never mess with.

You want some help, try some liporidex or alli.

One thing is certain, you simply cant "eat whatever you want" and expect to lose weight. If anybody tells you that, well, move on...

The Following User Says Thank You to mher For This Useful Post:
xcamoes (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

xcamoes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mher View Post
I think its pretty bogus. 500 cals a day. If you get into the details you can see that its questionable at best and possible not even safe (only can do for 1 month). It's best to leave your hormonal axis alone IMO. Thats a system that you should never mess with.

One thing is certain, you simply cant "eat whatever you want" and expect to lose weight. If anybody tells you that, well, move on...
I was considering this diet myself, but started to look into it after i saw this thread. Sounds like a bad idea.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
(female)

xcamoes HB User

I was reading that the FDA has issued warnings re: the sale of "illegal" HCG. I certainly would not want anything but a puriefied hormone. On second thought, I certainly DONT want to take any extra prechancy hormone.

I know several people who tried it and also did not find that it erased their HUNGER of being on 500 cal/day starvation diet.

not good!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
(female)

mher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnc1234 View Post
I just purchased the HCG Solution diet, it came with a free web site to track your diet...but it doesn't work. As I read the insert on how to use the product, you simply take a small pill once a day, eat what ever you want, as much as you want for the first two days. On the third and all days following you are to continue to take this pill and consume only 500 cals a day. OMG are you kidding me. I bought this for them to tell me to not to eat over 500 calories a day!!

Anyone else tried this diet? I'm curious what you think...and if the free web sight worked for you.
I read the same thing the other day, FDA is busting up the the producers of it. But really, who would want to take HcG anyhow???

Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
(female)

btedorakis HB User

Quote:

I've been a lurker here for a while, but wanted to thank you guys for being the inspiration to my success. Now, like many people out there, I could stand to lose a few pounds (32 in total, but who's counting) and I'll be honest, I like a great meal paired with my wine. Working in LA, if you're in the entertainment business, you'll find that food and entertainment are inextricably linked with your work. I mention this because as much as I've tried to simply avoid certain foods, (or food in general) it's sometimes very difficult.

I've been exercising and restricting my calories for the last 3 years. I lost 30 pounds, but still have another 32 to get to my target weight). It's sometime pretty frustrating to think you're doing everything, but you just seem to have hit a wall. I was desperate to break through.

When I heard about the hCG diet I was really excited because (I admit it) it sounded like the new "IT" diet that would have me easily meet my goal. Well I came into this thread a few weeks ago - I though I would wind up trying it. However, i came to recognize that† it has serious issues, not to mention safety. So I considered to try my own "hCG diet."

I normally restrict myself to 1600 cals/day mosty protein and high GI foods and veggies. But I thought to try a more drastic reduction in concert with one of the diet aids mentioned here. Now I've never heard of liporidex before, but after reading about Alli for 30 seconds - I knew that my job or clients would not tolerate one of its "treatment effects) after a business dinner very long.

So I planned to drop an extra 200 cals a day and try liporidex - I have to say, that I was a bit skeptical, but its only been a few short weeks and I'm halfway to my goal. And to be perfectly honest, my body just looks and feels so much better than I would have thought after only dropping 15lbs.

So thanks for helping me see that hcg was not for me, and also the rec to try liporidex as well as the reminder re: reducing cals.

Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 03-26-2012 at 06:18 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to btedorakis For This Useful Post:
mher (09-10-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
(female)

btedorakis HB User
Re: HCG solution? Purchased it but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelcee View Post
well its been a few more weeks - how are you doing with it?
Well, I have to say that liporidex continues to impress. I lost 18 more pounds! I actually overshot my goal! I never imagined I would think i was losing too much too fast lol! Now the whole game is about maintenance. I definitely DONT want to go back to where I was (60+ lbs heavier!) , so I'm really focusing on maintaining the changes that I've made. I actually added a few more cals to my diet, but wound up reducing the %age of meat protein and high GI carbs further and am eating more veggies and legumes for protein.

Its been pretty busy at work lately, so I havent been able to work out as much as I have been in the past - I'm down to only 2x/week. I also decided to try their PM blend for maintenance - I've been on it for the last 2 weeks and actually like the formula a bit better for maintenance. Its certainly not as hardcore as their maximum strength formula, but it still seems to suppress my appetite enough. There's also a nice calming feeling I get from taking it, which I didnt see with the extreme formula. Obviously everybody is different - but I think that if you're looking to lose a bunch, the max formula is the way to go. Once you reach your goal, unless you really need the energy boost that caffeine and taurine plus other things will give you - consider the plus or pm like I did.

Once again, thanks for the info from this great site - I never would have found out about liprodex otherwise.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
(female)

mher HB User

I had meaning to come in and see how some of you were doing on their programs - but summer got in the way.

i have some great news to share as well - I certainly wasnt really trying to lose a bunch of weight but I lost 9 pounds this summer by playing beach volleyball and taking liporidex for 8weeks. i was pretty surprised because even though we normally join a summer league and it was hotter than usual, i wasnt really expecting a whole lot.

i cant wait for the ski slopes to open now!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
(female)

cdifirenze HB User

Quote:
i cant wait for the ski slopes to open now!
I never imagined snow skiing to be a great fat burning activity, but what do I know is it?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
(female)

xcamoes HB User

Ok, I actually got a chance to try their new formula at a soul cycle event and really liked it. I felt a nice warmth over my body during the 70 minutes spin cycle. I felt like i had more energy as well, but maybe it was just the guest DJ throwing down some old kaskade jams. Either way, I bought the new MAX and PM from a BOGO they were having a month ago and was really shocked by my results. I only lost 6 pounds, but my muscle tone looks better and body fat seems lower than just the 6 pounds would suggest. Great purchase. I'm normally pretty skeptical, but It's great to find something that really works. For this I have this board to thank!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
(female)

kimm861 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnc1234 View Post

It amazes the garbage that people are willing to put into their body for weight loss. Just eat right and your body will shed the weight. You have no idea the damage you could be doing to your heart, as well as your intestinal tract and metabolism.

If you want to be thin, stop all caffeine intake, eat only fruits, veggies, legumes, beans, nuts, and drink tons of water, and don't eat carbs, sweets, or processed foods. Change your life and your body will change with you.

If you continue to put your body under stress, it will continue to store weight and you will not lose weight. Stress triggers send signals to the brain which in turn causes your body to store weight. Once you eat properly, always, then your body is no longer under stress, and it will shed the weight. But you have to shift the thinking from losing weight to instead thinking about your overall health. Until then, you can take every pill in the world and you will have changed nothing.

I'm not trying to lecture, but I have completely changed my life in the last six weeks because I have been having heart palpitations (for a year & 1/2). When I started to realize that I always treated my body like crap, I just broke down one night and apologized to God for never appreciating myself. From that moment on, I changed everything about the way I eat. I have lost 15 pounds in six weeks, and I refuse to go back to that dark place. I no longer think about food except when I have to prepare a meal. I now feel proud of myself and no longer feel defeated because I no longer eat something with regrets and then beat myself up about it. I have shifted my thinking and I am so much better for it. I used to be a carb and coffee junkie, no more. I swear, loving myself and knowing that I can control myself, is the best gift I have ever given myself.

Best of luck.

Reply Reply