It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
(male)

aidanb HB User
Angry Shocked at being overweight!

Hi all,

Just joined health boards today and have a dilemma.
I am 32 and have 3 small children, before which I was around 50-55 kg. Now, I weigh around 62kg and am 5"1. I am a size 10/12 (uk) and just recently checked my BMI and apparantly I am overweight! The funny thing is that I love exercise but notice that everytime I do it I put on weight instead of losing it. It doesn't make sense to me....any ideas?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Shocked at being overweight!

If you are spending 6 hours in the gym daily doing a heavy weight routine you weight will increase because of increased muscle size. This is probably not the case as you have three children therefore the only other cause is too many calories.
James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
(male)

aidanb HB User

Its funny you should mention weights coz I do like to incorporate them in my workouts but definitely not for 6hrs! Strangely though, I lose weight when I don't exercise, for e.g two weeks ago I weighed myself and was 64kg and this was whilst I was doing my exercises. Then I stopped exercising for a week and lost 2kgs! I have to say I am a pretty active person as with three small children I am always on my feet and tend to walk when and wherever possible. The thing is now that I have more time as my youngest has now started nursery, I really wanna get fit and obviously lose the excess weight which amounts to around 5kgs. At the same time I want to do it through exercise and eating well rather than not eating, but how can I do this when I get the reverse effect!!!!!!!!
Thanx for replying BTW

Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
(male)

aidanb HB User

Hi,

What do you mean by meal replacement? Do you mean like shakes etc? I am really looking for a long term solution and a healthy one at that. Another thing is that I do love my food and wouldn't like to give up any of my three main meals!

Closed Thread

Tags
bmi, exercise, overweight