It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

nikki78k HB User
Unhappy Tiredness

Whenever i eat i seem to get tired and 95% of the time i fall asleep, im ok through the day as long as i dont eat so i tend to not eat all day and leave eating till around 8pm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

CM0608 HB User
Talking Re: Tiredness

I have this too so I try not to eat large portions in the day and times where I don't want to nap. Also there are certain foods that I know will make me sleepy so I avoid them. For example grits, potatoes, or even eggs (for breakfast) will make me want to go right back to sleep so I avoid them. On days like this I will choose something light like a small bowl of cereal, one bagel, &/or fruit. Even a 6 pack of peanut butter crackers is better than going on an empty stomach. I don't eat a lot because I find that I can't fit too much in my stomach at one time (but I'm overweight go figure!). I usually eat about 3 times a day, 4 at the max. I know dieticians recommend 3 meals and 2 snacks but I can't do it, I'd be on the snooze-train for sure. Another thing may consider is instead on trying to eat in the day, why not have beverages with nutritional value like 2% milk, a healthy smoothie, juice with a low sugar value, or green tea. Or a beverage and one piece of fruit or some carrot sticks is a good snack. Not eating all day leads to starvation and possible overeating at night a time when the body is burning less calories. Good luck with this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
(female)

FrankieSet HB User
Re: Tiredness

Eating late is killer for putting on weight. All that energy you take on is not being used so turns to fat. Maybe try to eat little and often as the portion sizes you have may be overwhelming. Otherwise, napping could be the way forward. Im sure you could get a couple of cheap memory foam pillows to leave at work/round the house, and just take 20 minutes to powernap and feel better. Not sure it'd work but always worth a try

Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Tiredness

Try to have a little walk or do some chores after eating. This will help you avoid from falling asleep. Avoid foods also that will make you sleepy like yogurt and other dairy products.

Closed Thread