HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Weight Loss (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/)
-   -   south beach diet, excercise and feeling horrible (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/897979-south-beach-diet-excercise-feeling-horrible.html)

rsd3016 04-22-2012 03:09 PM

south beach diet, excercise and feeling horrible

I started the south beach diet on monday as well as going to the gym everyday and doing the stationary bike for a half hour and strength excercises. However, since monday i have felt horrible in the evening with flu like symptoms and a horrible headache. I have gotten to the point that eating is almost too much to bear. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it due to all the changes I have made?

rsd3016 04-23-2012 08:27 AM

Re: south beach diet, excercise and feeling horrible

thanks that helps. At least i know what the problem seems to be!!

Kszan 04-23-2012 12:38 PM

I've never done south beach diet but I've read about it a little. It sounds to me like you're having some withdrawal symptoms from eliminating the carbs and sugar. Isn't the first 2 weeks and then you slowly introduce fruits back and then eventually you take in some carbs like bread? Your body is trying to adjust to not having stuff you've been eating your whole life so it's not unusual that you would have those problems.

The main reason why I never tried south beach is because I didn't want to give up fruit. Not even for a day, much less 2-3 weeks. And well, bread too I guess. But I've got friends who do it and seem to love this diet so, to each his own I guess!

easygoingguy 04-23-2012 09:10 PM

all diet plans are inferior to this one that nature has made for all of us:

1. veggies
2. berries and fruits
3. beans
4. grains
5. nuts and seeds
6. meat sometimes

That's it. This is all you need to know. No counting calories needed. The only rule is in each category above eat the most nutrient dense foods within each category most often (green leafy, foods with color...) and not fried. And not cooked in lots of oil. Eat all you want of 1,2,3 and limits on 4 & 5, and rarely 6. Eat foods most at the top, and less down the list, with the least at bottom.

The hard part is following the above and doing a lot of food preparation. No more fast food, processed food, etc.

But the benefits will be astounding. You'll lose weight and return to your natural weight, whatever nature decides is right for you. All your metabolic vitals will return to normal. You won't need Dr's, hospitals, meds, stents, ER visits, etc. You'll have the most optimal health possible by nature.

Note that we need to eat fruit but note that I put berries before fruits. It's best to have half berries/half fruits, but berries first. They provide what only can be described as a miracle of phyto-nutrition. Especially berries like strawberry, blueberry and blackberry. These are super foods. Any diet removing these is very suspect. Start eating these today, not tomorrow, to begin a new life of super natural health.