It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

Beth1982 HB User
Alcohol suppressed my appetite - lost weight

Has anyone noticed alcohol actually SUPPRESSING your appetite? I always heard the opposite and would avoid alcohol for this reason. I would also limit consumption due to all the 'empty calories'. Anyway, I went on a vacation and binge drank for about 4 days straight. I did not drink sugary mixers and mixed any liquor with tonic or diet soda. Lots of light beer as well. I was not hungry! Of course, i would not condone this behavior to anyone cause I felt like crap a lot of the time...so I was either sick...or drunk; therefore, not hungry. I noticed I lost a lot of weight when I came back. I was expecting to gain weight on vacation! is this why alcoholics are always thin? You never see a fat alcoholic..... I'm sure the weight will creep back, but wondering if anyone else is less hungry when they drink a lot...? I may take on the theory of all or nothing, no more one glass of wine with dinner. either dinner, or a bottle! this cant be THAT bad every so often....

Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: Alcohol suppressed my appetite - lost weight

Even though I in no way, shape or form would encourage a food addict to become an alcoholic instead, I do know that alcohol surpressess appetite in some people. I had an overweight friend who was very depressed an turned to alcohol and lost a ton of weight. She felt like crap but she lost a lot of weight. Actually, I've been so desparate to lose weight in the past, I've actually tried drinking alcohol instead of indulging in the sweets that have caused my weight problems. The only problem is, unless it's a sugary mixed drink, I can't stand the taste of alcohol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
(female)

xcamoes HB User

there are plenty of calories available to continue the drunken state.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
(female)

LeahFaith HB User

Ha, I wish that we're the case with me! Drinking and the subsequent hangover causes a never end stream of food to be shoved in my mouth. I have no control over it!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

SavvySnacker HB User

You can try mixing your alcohol with HungerShield, and that will add protein and fiber to your drink. This will help you to feel full so you eat less after you drink. But make sure not to have too much alcohol in there as each shot (1.5oz) is about 120 calories! You can also mix HungerShield with Crystal Light Ice-Tea and its delish!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Yes I believe alcohol suppresses appetite. But it is not a good way to lose weight since it can lead to addiction.

Closed Thread