It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
(male)

hatfield134 HB User
Help... not losing weight

I am having a problem losing weight. I am 35, 5'7" and 171lbs. I am in the 6th week of doing Insanity, and I also do a hard weight lift 3 times a week. So I am burning 500-1200 calories depending on the day. The first 2 weeks I was only eating about 900 calories a day. I was feeling fine, however I was told that I needed to increase my calories. So I am now eating between 1500-1800 a day. I am eating healthy food. I have cut out soda, candy, fast food. I am eating nothing but healthy food and working out. I also have been taking creatine and Protein. I have toned a little, however not getting the results that I think I should be getting. My goal is to reach 155lb but I am just so frustrated right now. What am I doing wrong???

Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
(male)

vooda HB User
Re: Help... not losing weight

I had a similar problem as you a while back and just gave up. Then I peaked and had no choice. I went for about 8 months eating not over 800-900 calories and also ate healthy, many veggies no red meat rarely even chicken. I was at the gym 5-6 times per week and lost a few pounds then nothing.
Well I'm back at it and was told to up the calories also to about 1400-1500 calories per day mostly veggies, veggie burgers and salmon. No bread or starch at all. The other thing I do after reading a book that I can't mention is one day per week I eat anything I want but you will be surprised that you won't. Well Since January 30 I have as of today lost 38 pounds. I also cut the gym down to 1 or 2 times per week. I will go a week and not loose a pound then 4 pounds in a short period of time. The other thing I now do is eat always, an hour after breakfast a handful of olives, then a low cal. yogurt, then a pickle. Now it's lunch, a veggie burger with brussel sprouts, onions, garlic, baby carrot, celery, peas sprinkled with some low sodium soy sauce and a squirt of mustard. (this a huge plate and not many calories) A few snacks (roasted peppers and some saltines a few spoon fulls of black eye peas or black beans) then it's dinner time.
Good luck

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-07-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
(female)

weightloss11 HB User

Going vegetarian can be a good way to lose weight. Use a full body workout, this will burn the most calories. Create a daily exercise routine for yourself. Cut down on the amount of salt in your meals, drink some green tea and try to get 7-8 hours sleep.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
(male)

thabscome HB User

Have you considered that the weight you are trying to lose has gone to your muscles?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
(female)

Edwina HB User

by reading you post, i can establish that you have already made the decision and that's the first step in loosing weight. I would say don't be so hard on yourself and I've heard that while you loosing,there's is a time where it feels as if you not loosing anything!! and that's the worst place to be, but persevere,push through and continue eating healthy and excercising. Take it easy on the carbs and don't have them after 6pm. Everything of the best

Closed Thread