It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
(male)

DIH HB User
First time diet, lots of questions

Hello everyone, first time here, first time to any health forum actually.
So, I just started a diet yesterday, it's called Physicians fast, from Physicians Weight loss (I think thats the name), anyone knows about it?
The diet is to alternate between shakes and bars through out the day, total of 4, I do bar first thing in the morning, shake mid morning, bar for lunch and another shake about 3 hours later and dinner about 4 hours later, dinner choices are 4oz of protein with 2 veggie choices of 1 cup each, or is it 1 cup total mix of the 2 choices? anyone who knows can please clarify?
I was given a B12 shot for the week and some peels of vitamins and EMC I believe, to be taken daily.
At first, when I read about the dinner I thought it was impossible, 4 oz of chicken and 1(ONE) CUP of veggie, one???? one of those little cutie measuring things we have on the kitchen???? At least its the bigger one
So, how does one measure it to be exact, for example, if I want to measure tomatoes, I use cherry tomatoes, eat them as wholes, so if I put them in the cup it will fit like 4-5, but there would be lots of space there, should I assume the correct amount would be if I were to squeeze them in there, like a paste, that would take at least twice the amount of tomatoes.
I've estimating how much anyways, and not measuring at all, but I have the feeling of eating a lot though, not sure if it's because of the little eating all day. I ate today, half of a large green pepper and one brunch of a broccoli and the 4 oz of chix, does that sound right?

Anyways, what you guys think of the diet, does it work? I'm willing to be very disciplined about it, never did any diet before but I hear people have trouble losing weight for not following their diets the way they should, will see.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-28-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

Boozjee HB User
Re: First time diet, lots of questions

Hi DIH,
One serving of cherry tomatoes is about 8 or 9 tomatoes, so I guess that would be about a cup.
My thoughts on the diet: If it's something you can do indefinitely, then it'll work. I just don't think anyone would want to live on shakes and bars for long. One question, and I apologize if it sounds silly, but what is "chix"?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
(male)

DIH HB User

Yeah, I thought about that, I will continue on the diet now for the 4 weeks to lose weight, lost 4,5lbs on first week, the second one(I'm on now) I added the excercise and once the 4 weeks is over I will see how hard it is to maintain the weight.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

If you really want to lose weight, just be patient with your diet. It will surely work in the long run. A good exercise is also a big help.

Closed Thread