It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

AuntyJuJu HB User
Exclamation Help ME????

I'm 17 years old, I weigh 235 pounds, and I have to have an osteotomy (bunion removal surgery) on July 24.

If you have any tips for me, please help.

I've been trying to lose weight for about 2 years now, and nothing has really helped me.

Any advice and tips would be highly appreciated

The following user gives a hug of support to AuntyJuJu:
tenminutemom (06-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Help ME????

Well, I can tell you the most profound (but simple) advice anyone ever gave me was: You lose weight with diet, you get fit with exercise. And it's 100% true.

I had a medical obstacle that was hindering my weight loss- I have hypothyroidism- so one thing you should do before starting a weight loss effort is to see your doctor. A doctor can help with any medical issues and can monitor your diet and exercise to make sure you stay healthy.

The other thing is pick a plan you live with for life. Don't do these crazy diets that are unhealthy either in terms of the food/supplements you eat or the way they limit calories like crazy. Those diets are not healthy and they aren't sustainable. Pick a style of eating that focuses on healthy foods (limited meat, lots of vegetables, some fruit and grains). Understand that the American diet has way too many simple carbs- avoid processed foods like the plague and limit simple carbs like bread, potatoes, rice, and other grains- even whole grains. Focus on vegetables as your source of dietary carbs.

That's what works for me anyway. But 100 people will probably give you 100 answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to EagleRiverDee For This Useful Post:
AuntyJuJu (06-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
(female)

AuntyJuJu HB User

I've been drinking lots of water lately, and its helped, I've lost 4 lbs so far

But my bunions limit my movement so I don't get much exercise at all.

And once I have my surgeries done I'll be stuck in a wheel chair for 3+ weeks...

Would going on a liquid diet while in the wheel chair help me keep my stomach small so I don't eat much once I do get out of the wheel chair?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
(male)

greenliving HB User
Talking Re: Help ME????

Hi.I think your weight loss plan is wrong.because proper diet and regular exercise keep us fit and helps to loose weight naturally.so you haveto work again on your diet plan,and i am sure you will become fit soon.

all the best friend.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
(female)

AuntyJuJu HB User

I actually don't have a diet plan because most of them don't even work for people. I just drink water and I control my portion sizes when I do eat. And I stay away from sugar. I've also been swimming a lot lately with the family. I feel better then ever. I just need to fix my sleep schedule.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
(female)

SavvySnacker HB User

There is actually a lot of research about drinking water before your meals to make you feel full. Also having fiber and protein also helps you to feel full.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
(male)

ounjim2009 HB User

Be wary of any weight loss program that does not include some form of physical activity as part of its lifestyle changes. Just be sure to check with your doctor to get his o.k. to begin an exercise regime.
Exercise is crucial to permanent weight loss and brings health rewards. So, get moving!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

You better get a dietician to control your food intake. Maybe you are not so disciplined with the food you eat that is why you are not losing any weight. It is good also that you enroll yourself in a gym.

Closed Thread