It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

Ladylibra73 HB User
Unhappy Need to lose weight

I am a 38 year old woman and I'm over weight and I know I need to loos weight. My qouestion is how should I do this the healty way?

Old 07-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User
Re: Need to loose weight

My two cents:

Count calories.
Keep the diet nutritionally balanced.
Make half the effort diet and half the effort exercise.

Give yourself an alotted number of calories per day and stay with it. Make it 10%-15% less than would be normal for your age/height at a normal weight, and exercise moderately for 30 minutes every day, no exceptions. Get your calories in your meals and don't snack (unless you have blood sugar issues, which would require a different routine).

Good luck,
M.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich775 For This Useful Post:
KLUTCHclub (10-02-2012), Ladylibra73 (07-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Need to lose weight

Hi,
I lost weight when treating Candida.
I cut out all Carbohydrates and all sugar. I otherwise ate healthy. Three meals a day. Fish/White Meat, (I don't eat red meat) Fruit, Cereal (Wholegrain) No Bread just (Oatmeal Crackers) All types Vegetables, Herbal-Tea, Three cups Normal-Tea, Rice Milk, NO Cakes-Biscuits- Pastries or Chocolate.
In one month I lost 7 lbs and felt really healthy.
Take a look online for healthy weight loss diets and exercise,
All the best,

Solofelix.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

bessie85 HB User

All above suggestions are good ones, but I lost 30 pounds and kept it off by using Weight Watchers. I feel their program teaches you healthy eating, portion control and is a diet you can stick to for many years. Try it with even light exercising, and you will see weight come off. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
(male)

othman 3trak HB User

firstly you are still young
There are two things that you must do If you want to lose weight, . The first is to eat decently, and the second is to get an exercise regiment in place. It can be overwhelming to decide on an exercise plan if you are not used to it, but you can create a great exercise program for yourself if you have the right information in place.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User

Assuming you're 180 lbs you would burn about 100 calories walking one mile. If you walk 5 miles a day that's 3500 calories a week. Burning 3500 calories = 1 pound loss.

In order to maintain your current weight of 180 lbs you can consume about 2400 calories a day which is a lot of food. If you could lower this some, it would be helpful in reaching your goal sooner. Avoid foods high in calories like cheese which has 100 calories.

I lost 70 lbs in one year by walking 8 miles everyday. In order to maintain my weight, I could consume 2600 calories a day which I did. A lot of food so I was never hungry.

In summary, the best way to lose weight is walking. Get yourself a Pedometer. Dieting never worked for me but walking did. GYM's for heavy people doesn't work either. You don't have to walk the entire 5 miles at one time. Do it during the course of the day. Again, get a pedometer.

The best exercise for overweight people is walking. I still need to lose another 25 lbs to reach my BMI. If I can lose weight walking so can you. I'm 72 years old. I was at high risk for stroke, heart attack and diabetes and so are you.

Closed Thread