It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

knockout HB User
Question Losing weight

I'd like to know is it possible to loose weight in just one area? I want to on my stomach, but not elsewhere. I heard there's no such thing, but I seen others with a flat stomach and there not skinny elsewhere so. I just thought I'd ask.

Last edited by knockout; 07-03-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Loosing weight

Well I lost mine of my stomach by cutting out all sugar and carbohydrates and sticking to three healthy meals a day for one month.(may take longer)...
I combined it with walking for exercise, cycling is also good. Others may work out in the Gym which is also good but owing to a shoulder problem I couldn't do that.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
(male)

Lance480 HB User
Re: Losing weight

I too have heard that cutting carbs helps with abdominal fat. Have you tried the Slow Carb diet (from Tim Ferriss' book, 4 Hour Body)?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

btedorakis HB User

There's a bunch of genetic at play - but in general, the answer seems to be with exercise, diet and use of some supps.

I swear by a low carb diet with low meat protein. 3-4 x/week cardio/weight workout and certain supps. My trainer advised me to try CLA, carnitine and creatine a to help reduce my fat %age years ago. I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical - so i ignored the advice...until this year. My mother in law lost a 25 pounds (pre-gastric bypass!) with a product her surgeon recommended called liporidex. I tried it as well and had to eat some crow based on my success with it (33 lbs in 3.5 months)

Ultimately, the most important thing is to make your plan and stick with it. No matter what you decide to do, do it - and do it often. You'll soon be looking back at where you were and will probably find the experience was not nearly as bad as you imagined.

Good Luck!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

I believe there is an exercise that will focus more on trimming our stomach. Try to consult a fitness instructor regarding that.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
I'd like to know is it possible to loose weight in just one area? I want to on my stomach, but not elsewhere. I heard there's no such thing, but I seen others with a flat stomach and there not skinny elsewhere so. I just thought I'd ask.
If the only area you need to lose weight is your stomach area, then you are definitely eating/drinking the wrong things...no offence.

Avoid alcohol...that's for sure. Don't drink a lot of juice, avoid soda, lower your salt intake as that can make you retain water and bloat.

Eat a healthy, varied diet. Drink lots of water. Start with working on your transverse muscles first. You will have trouble losing the outer fat layers if you don't build a strong inner core first. The Plank is a good one for your transverse muscles.
There are many other excerises to target your stomach/abs. Concentrate on your "core" (abs, back, butt) and you will have better posture, you will be strong and will avoid lower back issues later on in life and you will have a flat stomach with definition.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Closed Thread