It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
(male)

AllGood HB User
Smoothies for weight loss?

I would like to try fruit and green smoothies for weight loss.
Any opinions on this issue?

Old 07-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Smoothies for weight loss?

Fruit and vegetable smoothies are low calorie and very nutritious. Of course, you would also have to include a low-fat protein source, for complete nutrition.

The only drawback to using them for weight loss is that a smoothie is not as filling as the whole fruits and veggies, so you might find yourself very hungry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
(male)

ounjim2009 HB User

Instead of pie or cake for dessert, offer fruit-based fare like fondue, fruit cocktail, yogurt parfait, or, simply a fresh piece fruit. Not only will this reduce the fat and calorie content of your meal's finale, most folks find fruit more refreshing than sweets.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
(male)

Galileo86 HB User

I stared blending vegetables and fruits a few weeks ago. It is amazing how much more energy I have every day now, how refreshed I feel, and how much more my complexion glows! Making these fruit and veggie smoothies has really changed my life.

I've had the most success with about 1/3 fruit and 2/3 vegetables. I've tried making vegetable and fruit smoothies with kale, blueberries, and lime, or carrots, apples, and water, or persimmon, carrots, and lime. These three have been the best combination fruit and veggie drinks. The worst combinations had lettuce or cabbage -- making the drink too bitter overall.

I haven't noticed any weight loss yet from the fruit veg smoothies, but am optimistic that that could happen to a person with a different pre-smoothie diet. Before blending, I already ate pretty well.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

I have found that restricting carbs works for me better than calorie counting. Everyone is different though

The Following User Says Thank You to rudiraven For This Useful Post:
Galileo86 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
(male)

Galileo86 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Smoothies for weight loss?

Today, my smoothie was 3 stalks of celery, two handfuls of spinach, 2 cups of frozen mixed berries from Costco (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), and 1 cup water.

Delicious! Filling! The celery cuts down the sweetness, and the mixed berries mask the spinachy iron aftertaste.

All in all, I've lost about 5 lbs from having these kinds of drinks at breakfast over the last few weeks. While I haven't lost a ton of weight, I've literally not exercised or change my lunch and dinner eating. Most importantly, I just feel better, have more energy, wake up more easily, fall asleep more easily.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

That is very good for a diet. Do some exercises as well along with it.

Reply Reply