It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

tortoisewotw HB User
marathon training and weight loss

Hi there,
I am a 30 year old female, 5'8" 125ish pounds looking to lose a few pounds so I can get more of a six pack look to my stomach. Trouble is, I am training for my first marathon at the moment and somehow unable to lose a pound. I'm constantly hungry, so I suspect that is part of the problem. :-/ I've been trying to count calories, but I find that triggers some anxiety in me and becomes almost an obsessive-compulsive thing (I have struggled with ED issues in the past). Also, I want to note that I don't eat junk food, fried food, red meat - I'm not one of those who fall into the "I run, so I can eat whatever I want" categories. Any tips on how I can kick a couple of pounds and still keep up my running (right now in the 40-50 mile/week range)? How many calories/day should I be aiming for?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
(male)

ounjim2009 HB User
Re: marathon training and weight loss

Setting big goals does more harm than good. It's easy to get discouraged when you never seem to meet them. Instead, set mini goals and reward yourself to stay motivated.
Be realistic and treat yourself gently. The pounds didn't appear like magic, so don't expect them to **poof** and go away! ;-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: marathon training and weight loss

Training for a marathon really makes you feel hungry. Try to eat healthy foods like fruits and veggies. It is alright if you eat more often as long as those kinds of foods.

Closed Thread