It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

yiwen HB User
Weight loss dilemma

I am currently stuck in a weight loss dilemma. I am a 15 year old girl weighing 115 lbs at 5' 2''. I recently got a physical, and was told that I'm healthy with a good BMI. However, I am unsatisfied with my current body shape and I have been trying to lose weight (with strictly healthy methods of course). When I talk about my health lifestyle with my friends (who all happen to have ridiculously fast metabolisms and are very slim), they always mention that I exercise more and eat healthier than them. So basically, I am at my wit's end and I have no idea what I need to do to lose weight!

This is a rundown of my diet & exercise:

Every Mon-Fri I have tennis practice 3-5. From 3-4:30 I play tennis, and from 4:30 to 5 we have conditioning. On Mon, Wed, & Fri, we run 1.25 miles. On Tues & Thurs, we do weight training (to tone muscle).

On Saturdays & Sundays, I run 1 mile around my neighborhood.

I get high intensity cardio when I run 1.25 miles during practice, medium intensity cardio on my neighborhood jogs, and I also do the weight lifting to build and tone muscle.

As for my diet, I normally eat toast for breakfast, 2 steamed buns (approx 25-50 calories per bun) or Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal for lunch, and a light dinner of Chinese cuisine. I only eat wheat bread / brown rice, and I eat a hefty amount of vegetables and protein. This totals up to an average of maybe 1,000 to 1,500 calories per day max.

I'm extremely sorry for the lengthy post, but I really wanted to include as many details as possible to find out why I haven't been able to lose any weight. By weight loss, I should specify that I mean fat; I am aware that the number on the scale does not represent how much fat is on my body. I am just slightly desperate to burn off my fat. Thank you so much for reading and I appreciate all replies!

Last edited by yiwen; 07-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Weight loss dilemma

I know you don't want to hear this but I don't see a problem. I'm 5'2 and weight 113 and wear a size 4 easily. I have a little bit of a "muffin top" at times but less carbs would take care of that if I was so inclined but there is no way I am "fat." You probably just have a lot of muscle due to the tennis. The best way to not have bulk and still be muscular is things like ballet which lengthen your muscles, not bulk them up.

Last edited by Titchou; 08-01-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
(male)

sofft HB User

try to have a balance diet

Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Your are only 15. Your body is still adjusting since you are still growing. And since you have a good BMI, maybe you are just pressured with your friends who are skinnier than you since that is the "in-thing" today. Don't think too much of being skinny. What is important is that you are healthy and you are not sickly.

Reply Reply

Tags
diet, exercise, fat burn, health, weight loss