It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

houstonguy123 HB User
I am losing weight big time but belly stays the same

42 years old, full time working in the office

Advanced yoga every other day no other fitness activity

145lbs 5'6" and still losing weight

The problem is my belly size hardly changed and instead my face gotten smaller, legs are thinner, arms are thinner so much that my wife started to hate me

So my main question is; why does my body keep the belly but lose the face?

I am very careful with my food and my diet resembles Atkins diet the most

Have been doing this now for over 2 years

I have belly fat and it is around 36 inches which is not normal

I never drink alcohol never smoked in my life. Do not drink soda never buy or eat artificial food, always cook at home. Almost never eat pasta, potato, bread, rice but I occasionally eat wheat bread brown rice wheat pasta

why does my body keep the belly but lose the face, arm leg, ***?

I think I am skinny fat. But how do I get outta this hell?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: I am losing weight big time but belly stays the same

It may just be your body type. I would try to balance out your look with muscle building exercises for your arms and legs, so there is not such a disparity between your trunk and extremity size.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
(male)

ounjim2009 HB User

Eating more fiber is a great way to feel fuller throughout the day. Your breakfast can pack a fiber punch. Make sure you use whole wheat bread for toast. Choose a high-fiber cereal like raisin bran. Enjoy some fruit with its skin such as an apple.
Not only will the carbs give your energy level a boost, the fiber will give your meal extra staying-power and get you closer to the 25 grams of fiber we're all supposed to get each day.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
(male)

houstonguy123 HB User

Thanks for the replies

So my question is why would my body behave that way?

It looks like my metabolism does not want to lose the belly (fat) but is easy on anything else. Even my behind looks flat. It seems like it does not care about anything but belly.

For the fiber advice, whenever I eat something with high fiber, my belly expands more. The only time, I feel like I am losing inches from belly is when I do (accidentaly) hard physical work. Maybe it is time to start exercising.

It is just strange that the body is not willing to lose the one and only thing I am trying to get rid of.

Strange and bizarre.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
(male)

ounjim2009 HB User

Rewarding myself helps me stay motivated. I dread getting on my treadmill, so I have created mini goals. For every 50 miles I walk, I give myself a treat like a new bestseller or a new shade of lipstick. It sounds trivial, but it really works!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
(male)

houstonguy123 HB User

I was wondering what the real reason why my body would want to hold the belly. Something in my DNA or my genetics? Or because I abused my body with highly sugared food in the past?

There must be a reason why the body is holding on to the fat. Maybe my ancestors suffered from hunger centuries ago and my DNA remembers it?

I wonder if there is any research regarding this.

Last edited by houstonguy123; 08-02-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Why not do an exercise that will focus on trimming your belly. You can consult a fitness instructor that will give you the proper exercises you should be doing.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
(male)

FitnessNut HB User

Unfortunately, the belly fat is always the first to appear and the last to disappear. Think of it like draining a pool, and your belly area is the deep end. There is no way to target fat loss in just the belly. The best solution is overall fat loss. Core strengthening exercises won't specifically make you lose fat in just those areas, but a strong core is important to overall fitness, and a strong core will allow you to have a better posture which means you will look thinner than if you slouch. There is a saying that abs are not made in the gym, they are made in the kitchen. In addition to exercise, be sure that you have a good nutrition plan.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Do high power Cardio exercise for at least one hour a day. Get your heart rate to about 135 beats per minute. When you are done do core work ie sit ups, crunches etc. for a half hour. You will not have fun, you will be uncomfortable but you will lose your belly........

Last edited by Administrator; 04-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
(female)

georgie1223 HB User

Yes you should have some blood work done. If you have insurance I would suggest you see an endocrinologist and have all your hormones(the ones they can) levels tested. Especially your testosterone, cortisol and thyroid. I know its mostly women that have abnormal thyroid levels,
but it does happen to men. Cortisol has been linked to belly fat, dont know if your under a lot of
stress? The yoga can help with that, but you may need additional help. From what I have researched when our adrenal glands are fatigued it takes a long time to rehabilatate. An endo can cover all of this. Post back so others can benefit from what you find.

Reply Reply