It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

azuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB User
Does this make sense

About a yr. ago an acquaintance told me that she had lost 60 pounds over a six month period merely by a change in her diet. I specifically asked if she had exercised and she said no.

I thought she would likely gain the weight back as it sounded like she would have had to have been on a starvation diet. Yet, she has kept the weight off for a yr.

Does anyone here think that she actually could have lost that 60 pounds in 6 months and kept it off by simply a change in diet ?

She said she then weighed around 160 , so prior to the diet she would have been at 220. She is in her mid 60s. And over the years I have known her she has been heavy.

I am asking this question, because it all makes no sense to me based on everything I have heard and read about weight loss. Makes me think it was bariatric surgery. I do not think less of her if she did bariatric surgery and of course she has every right to keep what she actually did private. But, I am just curious as to what others think.

Last edited by azuree; 08-06-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
(male)

bbvsmith HB User
Re: Does this make sense

It's possible, although the older we get, the harder it is to lose weight. Ever body is different in make-up. Good nutrition will take your body a long way. The human body is designed to heal itself. So, if you put good in, you'll get good out! My wife and I have changed our diet over the last few months. I have lost over 20 lbs and we feel great!

Also, I do recommend exercise no matter your age. I would hope your friend actually took the hard road and lost the weight naturally instead of spending $30K on surgery! Good luck to you in the future!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

There are really people who are lucky enough to lose weight easily without having to exercise. But starvation diet is a big No-No.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

azuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB User

We recently saw an article about adhd drug abuse and the symptoms of such drug abuse sounded so much like what we have seen with the neighbor who had lost a lot of weight and managed to keep it off.

The neighbor seemed agitated like someone who had too much coffee. Spoke fast and was aggressive. Also couldn't stop talking.

At this pt. the only reason I have any interest in what the neighbor did or may be doing is that she frightens me with her erratic aggressive behavior.

So, i just wonder is that what some people are doing to lose weight and then they get hooked?

Reply Reply