It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

bfw HB User
Unexplained weight gain

Hello! I am a 32 (almost 33) year old female and in the past year, or more specifically probably the past 9 months, I have gained about 20 pounds. I had two miscarriages in 6 months this year, so the doctor did some blood work and said "everything looks fine, now go make a baby". He said that my thyroid was also normal. I have not changed my eating habits at all, we eat pretty healthy...protein, vegetables, brown rice and fruit. I enjoy wine and a dessert here and there, but nothing that I didn't have before. I have always worked out but recently joined the gym and go about 5 days a week. I am also experiencing other symptoms like mood swings, lowered sex drive, I am tired all the time, am breaking out more than ever and feel a lot more anxious/depressed. I am not sure if there's one cause for everything, including the miscarriages, or if one thing is leading to another. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

vbonbon HB User
Re: Unexplained weight gain

Hello, i know how you feel, same here, only that i am 35 i also suffered a miscarriage and was told i have a hormonal imbalance and adrenal fatigue which was treated with some progesterone cream. I have always was slender and fit, and now i have gained over 15 pounds of unexplained weight around my thighs, waist, lower belly, i stopped the cream, to see if maybe that was the cause of a sudden weight gain. Also, hormonal imbalance have given me melasma as a present too!
I have now been of the cream and supplements almost 3 months, and my stubborn melasma is almost gone, but my weight is still there! therefore i have descided to water fast (well almost all water fast) to give my body a chance to restore itself!
i truly understand how you feel, i would assume that you are also in an overworked, overstressed state, and need some hormone balancing. Also, i think it could be a candida overload in your intestines, but that we need to find out more on. Are you tired in the afternoon? do you drink coffee more then a few cups a day? crave sweets and pastry?
and if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Unexplained weight gain

This is common to women who had miscarriage. I have friends who experienced the same. Gaining weight and mood swings. Ask your partner to support you get through this. It will be a big help.

Reply Reply