It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
(male)

Treon HB User
Need Weight Loss Help

Hi, I need help figuring out a good plan to lose weight.... my goal is 10 pounds per month for 5 months. I'm 17 years old, weigh 225 pounds, I'm 6 foot 3 and overall don't get much exercise in a day due to school but I plan to start doing one hour on my treadmill everyday after school. If anyone could help me figure out a plan and or tips to lose 10 pounds a month that would be great, and very much appreciated. I'm mainly trying to figure out what foods to eat for breakfast and lunch... I was thinking of eating granola bars for lunch and or breakfast but I'm afraid that my calorie count per day would be too LOW. Again if anyone has tips and ideas on what I could eat and do every day to lose weight naturally that would help me a lot.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: Need Weight Loss Help

I'm no nutritionist but here is a saying: Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Queen, and supper like a Pauper. I'll add: cut out the sweet stuff, pop, and have fruit as snacks.

An hour on the treadmill is a lot and you may get burn out. Try some variety with dumbbells maybe, jump rope, stretch bands. Good luck. Make friends with your scale but don't expect miracles or get impatient and discourage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User

In order to maintain your current weight you're allowed 2820 calories a day. Reduce your calories to 2200 calories a day and you'll lose about 5 lbs a month (3500 calories = 1 lb). If you work out each day you should be able to lose the other 5 lbs.

2200 calories is a lot of food if you choose the right foods. Ex: avoid cheese which is 100 calories an ounce versus a large apple that's 100 calories. Eat foods that you like rather than others suggesting what you should eat.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
(female)

ToxinFree HB User

Weight loss isn't quite as simple as calories in calories out the way it's made out to be. Focus on your health and the weight will come off. Exercise regularly but find something that you like doing so that you'll do it.

Eat REAL food - stay away from anything that comes in a packet or tin as much as possible.

Avoid chemicals in foods, cleaning and other products as much as you can because they interfere with hormones and that can cause weight gain or difficulty losing weight.

You're young so you shouldn't have too much trouble losing - just focus on being as healthy as you can.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
(female)

Connie CR HB User

I'm a 44 year old woman. I spend about 8 hours a week on my treadmill, and strength train 2-3 times a week. I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. With this program I can only lose about 1 pound a week. BTW, because of knee problems I can't go very fast on my treadmill. You might want to give yourself more than 5 months to lose the weight.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #6
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

This seems like a very sound approach. Agree that a goal of 1 pound a week is best. If it comes off faster it can return that much sooner.

And once the desired weight has been achieved, we still must remain loyal friends with our scale.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
(female)

Connie CR HB User

I get on my scale every morning and record my weight on a calender nailed to my bathroom wall. I plan to do this for the rest of my life, and continue to eat the same healthy foods while keeping the junk food at a very minimum. Once the weight is gone, I never want to see it again.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
(female)

That's beautiful, keeping track of it your way and getting on the scale at the same best time of day. A note of caution: getting on every day could be discouraging at times. Weight can and does fluctuate. What counts are the results in the course of a week, let's say.

Once we have the desired weight the scale becomes an even better friend because it helps us to stay where we want to be. And, absolutely, it is a commitment for life. Isn't it wonderful to share and reinforce these efforts which, BTW, do not get easier with time. I've been at it for years.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
(female)

Connie CR HB User

You really have to understand the fluctuations. If your weight ticks up and you haven't eaten too many calories, then it's just water weight or muscle weight gain. No, I don't let the fluctuations bother me.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #10
(female)

You are so correct that muscles add to weight. It's quite a pleasant excuse, but is, in fact, true. It is necessary to allow for fluctuations and charge ahead anyway.

The rewards are so good, aren't they?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
(female)

Connie CR HB User

It's nice to go on a field trip to the zoo or other places where there's a lot of walking involved and not get winded, especially if there are stairs. I look forward to reaching my goal weight by next summer. I have 30-35 pounds to lose. Oh, and I want a 25 inch waist. That hopefully would get rid of my diabetes.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #12
(female)

Walking is a joy. Like the zoo. Walk every day, 2 miles, about 35-40 minutes. Also have lived in places with stairs and without stairs. Stairs are terrific, take them whenever you can. Oh yes, the waist, I do torso rolls, side bends.

Watching calories is key, but exercise is its necessary twin. I was fortunate when I was young, but body and metabolism change as we get up there (I'm up there). So it's good to get a handle on it as early as possible. And, yes, it will help with diabetes and many other health issues.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Do some regular exercises everyday like running or brisk walking. Also have a healthy lifestyle like cutting out junk foods or eating on fast foods. That would surely help a lot.

Reply Reply