It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

wendya2J HB User
Question Quick Weight loss - saggy skin help?

Hi!!

I am 44 years old and have been around 250 for over 5 years now. I got sick in August and have been having GI issues ever since (going through lots of testing right now) and have lost 50lbs since August 11th. I am noticing that my skin is getting saggy. Is there anything to help that? My diet is super limited right now and I dont think Im getting good nutrition either.....

HELP!!

Thanks, Wendy

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

Tana HB User
Re: Quick Weight loss - saggy skin help?

Water is the biggest thing. Like 80 or more ounces a day. Get a really good lotion, it doesn't need to be one that's labled for toning skin, any good lotion will work. I really like Dove Pro Age. Make sure you are taking your vitamins, with that much weight loss you are probably really low. And exercise when you're able (being ill right now, that might not be an option yet) stretching as in yoga, and strength training.
I've just started on my new healthy lifestyle, I Googled what to do for saggy skin, I don't want to lose all this weight just to start feeling bad about extra skin. These were the suggestions I found, so far my skin seems to be tightening as I lose weight.
Sorry your weight loss got kicked off by illness, hope you feel better very soon.

Last edited by Tana; 10-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana View Post
Water is the biggest thing. Like 80 or more ounces a day. Get a really good lotion, it doesn't need to be one that's labled for toning skin, any good lotion will work. I really like Dove Pro Age. Make sure you are taking your vitamins, with that much weight loss you are probably really low. And exercise when you're able (being ill right now, that might not be an option yet) stretching as in yoga, and strength training.
I've just started on my new healthy lifestyle, I Googled what to do for saggy skin, I don't want to lose all this weight just to start feeling bad about extra skin. These were the suggestions I found, so far my skin seems to be tightening as I lose weight.
Sorry your weight loss got kicked off by illness, hope you feel better very soon.
Thanks Tana! I will try to drink more water - intake is so difficult for me right now, but I'll try!!! and I will keep doing lotion. Im afraid to take vitamins right now for fear they will set off my reflux....will talk to the Dr about that - great idea!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

Tana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendya2J View Post
Thanks Tana! I will try to drink more water - intake is so difficult for me right now, but I'll try!!! and I will keep doing lotion. Im afraid to take vitamins right now for fear they will set off my reflux....will talk to the Dr about that - great idea!!!!!!
I know how it sounds, but try adult gummies. They are super easy on your stomach, and your body can absorb all the vitamins, vs. pills which most people can only absorb 10 to 20% of.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

aiman HB User
Unhappy Re: Quick Weight loss - saggy skin help?

hi wendy i went thru sim issues when i initially lost weight-abt 100lbswhich i have put right back on and some--but anyway my son in law is a surgeon and he told me the only way to get sagging thighs arms ect ect ect tight again is thru one of the "plasties"ie thighplasty--under the knife.sorry

Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
(female)

btedorakis HB User

Well it depends on how much it is and over how much time it developed. But yes, I agree that if you've had that much skin most of your life, you're looking at a dermolipectomy (removal of fat and skin tissue) to get the hanging skin to off you.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
(female)

klingonmummie HB User

I have 50-60 lbs to lose and I'm terrified of saggy skin, I've seen where the only way to take care of that is by surgery, which I won't be able to afford to do. I drink 8 cups of water a day, don't think I can make it to 10 but I'm hoping just the 8 will help. I'm going to try the lotion thing definitely. I wonder at what amount of weight loss that surgery would be absolutely a necessity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana View Post

Old 03-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Try to consult a fitness instructor regarding your issue. I think there is an exercise that will address on saggy skin if you don't like to undergo a surgery.

Reply Reply