It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User
I'm trying healthy weight loss and it's not working

I'm not doing any fad diets. I'm doing directly what doctors advise. I'm counting calories and trying to stay within my daily goal, and have been successful, and I've also been doing cardio exercise. Yet, I just am not losing any weight.

I'm about 10 lbs over weight and I want it GONE.

It all started several months ago since I started taking Serequel but I was only taking it for about a month and then stopped but ever since, I've been having this weight problem.

The weight isn't going anywhere. I don't know what to do.

Sometimes I also feel like I can't stop eating, like I'm always hungry. So I eat protein rich and other foods that are supposed to make you feel full but it just doesn't work either.

But I'm still staying within my calorie goal, despite this.

Any ideas? A lot more exercise is too difficult for me because I have sleep disorders and can't manage anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to nottellinnebody For This Useful Post:
viyourbody (11-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

Tana HB User
Re: I'm trying healthy weight loss and it's not working

Well, sleep disorders jumps out at me. Sleep is very important for weight loss. Daily magneseum can help with that, and my neurologist gave me a list of foods that also effect sleep.
Obviously caffine and chocolate, but also tomatoes, potatoes, cheese, bacon, ham and sausage. He says anyone with difficulty sleeping should avoid anything on the list after lunch.
I'm a huge fan of yoga, beginners yoga can be very relaxing (nice for 10 minutes before bed) and once you start adding poses it can be very refreshing in the morning. It doesn't tax your body in the beginning the way other workouts can, and as you stick with it, its a great way to get into shape.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User

Thanks. I've had the sleep problems for about 10 years now but the weight is only recently problem, however, the sleep problems have been getting worse.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

Kellyanne1284 HB User

Well, first thing's first - you only have 10lb to lose. I know that may seem like a lot to you, but, the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will come off.

Secondly, you are a little vague - what does "watching calories" mean? How many calories are you eating in a day? Have you figured out your BMR? Have you calculated how much of a daily deficit you must have in order to lose the desired weight (shoot for 2lb / week)?

Also, what is your exercise like? Just cardio? Cardio & weights? How many times per week? For how long? At what intensity?

Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
(female)

Kellyanne1284 HB User

Also be aware that it is very, very easy to underestimate the amount of calories you are eating unless you are using strict portioning.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User

Yeah, I'm calorie counting. I'm using a calorie counting app.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
(female)

Kellyanne1284 HB User

Are you measuring your portions to be sure you're only eating one portion of something? For example - I was "watching my calories" a while back, and was filling up on brocolli sprinkled with a little olive oil and parmasean cheese at dinner coupled with a lean meat / fish. Little did I realize, there was about 150 cal per 1 cup serving in the broccoli, and I was eating like 2-3 cups in a clip. Not that broccoli is bad for you, but, I was eating WAY more calories than I thought I was because even though I was calorie counting, I wasn't using proper portions. Something to think about.

Also - what is your calorie intake? Vs. What your BMR is? Are you creating a sufficient deficit? While it is true that some people lose weight easier than others, weight loss is a very basic science - calories in & calories out. I am always very skeptical when someone says they are eating the calories they should be eating AND working out, and are not losing any weight.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
(female)

susieq7 HB User

If you only have 10 pounds to lose, it really can take some time. Do some strict portioning, because it is way too easy to overestimate the amount of calories you are consuming, and write everything down. I had just a small amount of weight to lose recently, and it really helped me to work out, focusing on gaining muscle mass and good muscle tone rather than simply losing fat.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
(male)

spider40 HB User

Hello... My wife does a 10 lb wieght loss deal all the time. she gets up to 130 then back to 120 in a couple months. She cuts out Potatoes, Butter, Sour cream, bread, tortillas, and trys meats and vegies...

Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Sleep disorder is also a big factor in not losing weight. Try to deal with that also so that you can do more exercises as well.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #11
(male)

nick779 HB User

Loosing weight is a gradual process and cant happen suddenly.

Simple acts like walking can make you loose weight.Eat healthy food, sleep well and keep walking and running.

Closed Thread